Parents a little update... back handspring block

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kaloss

Proud Parent
A little while back, I posted asking for advice for dd, struggling with her back handspring (after seeing a friend break her arm). We decided to take the pressure off (after some great advice), I was in pretty constant communication with the coach, making sure we were on the same page. Right before this last meet, she did about 100 connected ROBHS onto the resi (progress, yay!)
She was getting very frustrated though because her body still wouldn't let her do them on the floor. I explained that scratching for a few meets was no big deal and she needed to feel confident and ready, not stressed about it. Her response was something like "NO, it's NOT okay!"
So, we flew to Orlando for the Sand Dollar Invite, the coach warmed her up and put her out there. DD told the coach "yep, i'm ready to do it" and smiled right before going on the floor. This is what she pulled out!!
I'm so proud of this little one!!!

Yayy!! Good job to your DD! I did the same thing :rolleyes: I watched a girl break her wrist and just had a horrible mental block.... but the day of my first meet I decided to #YOLO it! Such a great experience for your dd to break through :D

A little while back, I posted asking for advice for dd, struggling with her back handspring (after seeing a friend break her arm). We decided to take the pressure off (after some great advice), I was in pretty constant communication with the coach, making sure we were on the same page. Right before this last meet, she did about 100 connected ROBHS onto the resi (progress, yay!)
She was getting very frustrated though because her body still wouldn't let her do them on the floor. I explained that scratching for a few meets was no big deal and she needed to feel confident and ready, not stressed about it. Her response was something like "NO, it's NOT okay!"
So, we flew to Orlando for the Sand Dollar Invite, the coach warmed her up and put her out there. DD told the coach "yep, i'm ready to do it" and smiled right before going on the floor. This is what she pulled out!!
I'm so proud of this little one!!!

observation. have the coach watch this video and point out that "someone" mentioned that she was doing an underarm hurdle (used for vault) on the hurdle for her round off. this needs to be corrected. if you want a long explanation as to why this can exacerbate "motion" problems then i will. :)

i'm happy for you and for her that she executed. :):)

observation. have the coach watch this video and point out that "someone" mentioned that she was doing an underarm hurdle (used for vault) on the hurdle for her round off. this needs to be corrected. if you want a long explanation as to why this can exacerbate "motion" problems then i will. :)

i'm happy for you and for her that she executed. :):)
I though something looked funny!

Dunno...I noticed the "weird" roundoff, I'll bring it up to her coach. She didn't do that before her block, so maybe they just went with "whatever works" for now...definitely don't want problems later though!!

I just watched it on a device that allowed viewing.....AWESOME!!!!!!! I love how all peripheral people were cheering and waving......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back