Parents Acro video!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
For the past few years, DD has taken an acro class at the same dance school where her sister takes ballet and modern. FINALLY the videos I ordered from last spring's recital have arrived and thought you might enjoy her acro video. The only downside, as far as I'm concerned, about her gym switch from YMCA to private gym is that she can't do acro any more. She really enjoyed it!

DD is the one with the longest, blondest pig-tails...

[video=youtube;yENETLDr2OY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yENETLDr2OY[/video]

That looks like so much fun. THanks for sharing something different. We'd love to see your other DD's dance if you care to share. I know there are quite a few dance/gym families here.

Oh that was just too cute and how fun!!! Your dd looks like a natural on stage--too cute!! Thanks for sharing--that was awesome. And as Bog said--if you want to share your other dd's dance I would love to see that too!!

Oh, O.K. Twist my arm...

Dancing DD has the short pixie cut... HATES wearing her hair in a bun, so always gets it chopped super short right before recital time...

Ballet...

[video=youtube;VWcYEReFfXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWcYEReFfXk[/video]

Modern...

[video=youtube;GsU0woXWXho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsU0woXWXho[/video]

And just for giggles, here is one of the classes that she helped out with. You've heard "it's like herding cats"? Well, here she gets to herd little baby bumblebees...

[video=youtube;UNPIVOm42qk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNPIVOm42qk[/video]

I also think she had great form!!! This looks like soooo much fun. Too bad they discontinued the program under the new ownership. I know around here, acro gyms are few and far between.

LOVED the dance videos! I really wish I had kept my DD in dance... just so she would have had other options!!! I really loved the little bumblebees!!! I bet she enjoyed helping out with that class.

I also think she had great form!!! This looks like soooo much fun. Too bad they discontinued the program under the new ownership. I know around here, acro gyms are few and far between.

LOVED the dance videos! I really wish I had kept my DD in dance... just so she would have had other options!!! I really loved the little bumblebees!!! I bet she enjoyed helping out with that class.

It wasn't that the program was discontinued, but when DD was doing gym just 6 hours a week at the Y, making it to an hour-long acro class at the dance studio down the street was no big deal. Now that she's up to 15 hours at a private gym, there is just no time (or money, for that matter) for her to take the class. I emailed her acro instructor (who was awesome) to let her know what was happening, but never heard back from her. I hope there are no hard feelings. But two of the other girls in that acro class were also doing gym at the Y and also switched to the new gym, so that class was pretty much wiped out. I'm not sure if the two remaining girls have joined up with an older acro class or a younger acro class or what. I feel badly... both that my DD isn't getting to do acro anymore, when she obviously loved it, and also that the acro class that has been together for a number of years has broken up, but DD is just OVER THE MOON HAPPY with the new gym, so I don't feel TOO badly about it. And I would think that this would always be something she could come back to in the future.

And yes, dancing DD loves helping out with the little ones. It has been great for her self-confidence. This is not the dance studio you'd want your kid to go to if she had dreams of becoming a professional dancer... it's very low-key. But the owner does an amazing job of setting up a really great, healthy environment for the girls to grow and to have great role models. The girls who get the "special priveledges" like getting to be helpers are kind and hard-working kids... nothing like the "queen bee" mentality that prevailed at gymnast DD's last gym.

Thanks for sharing! Loved it! It was kids being kids. Loved how serious the acro girls were about always getting in place and ready for the next skill :). Adorable. Glad to hear that she is loving her new gym. And obviously your other dd is a talented dancer and a joy to watch.

Loved to watch your DD acro video. The did a great job. Also loved seeing your other DD and her dance videos. She is a very pretty dancer. And I too loved the bumble bee one. Loved watching the older girls helping the itties.

Thanks for sharing the videos! It was good to have a chance to see both your daughters. :) After watching the acro, DD might be interested in dance if she could do acro. May have to check into it.

After watching the acro, DD might be interested in dance if she could do acro. May have to check into it.

FYI... Dd's HC was against the girls doing acro... Thought it would teach them bad form. So you may want to check with dd's gym before signing her up for something like that. It's ironic though, since now the new gym is trying to fix bad vaulting habits dd developed at the Y gym. The "bad form" thing never really made sense to me since the HC also endorsed girls having trampolines at home. Seems like you're more likely to develop bad habits on a trampoline than at an acro class.

That's interesting! Will definitely run it by her HC 1st. I also think you would develop worse habits from trampoline. As I mentioned in another thread, one of DD's coaches told me he could always tell which girl had a trampoline at home because of her poor form on BHS.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back