Acro?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twinmomma

Proud Parent
Are there any Acro families on this forum? DD has been interested in our old gym's acro team. She's currently training L4 artistic and I just wondered if there was anyone who had made the switch who either loved or regretted it.

Your gym (or old gym) has an Acro team? I never heard of that before.
DD has a lot of fears, particularly on beam and bars. She's not sure if she can overcome them and is taking some time off from the gym and is interested in Acro and is trying it at a dance studio this summer.

DD has a lot of fears, particularly on beam and bars. She's not sure if she can overcome them and is taking some time off from the gym and is interested in Acro and is trying it at a dance studio this summer.

Our old gym has a very well respected acro team, with a mixed pair national team member. There's also a gym not too far that's ONLY acro.

That's great there is that option. We don't have that where we live:(.
That would be a great option for DD if it were!

Has she considered tumbling and trampoline?

That is a great suggestion!
DD is going to try regular dance classes this week, so we will see how that goes. Our plan is to keep her in tumbling classes anyway because she really enjoys that and doesn't want to lose her skills. She could find dance utterly boring so T&T could be a good option for her. There is a gym not too far that offers that.

We just started with acro this year. Our gym is not yet competing it, but perhaps in the future. Dd is a 6/7 in USAG and acro has helped build up her strength. She likes it. I can't wait to see where the sport goes from here!

Thank you for the suggestion about T&T sce! My DD tried it today and loved it!!!
It came very easily to her coming from artistic gymnastics. The coach said she did great and she is interested in team. The hours are a fraction of what she did in artistic so she'll have lots of time to try out other things:).

I started acro after 3 years if artistic experience when I was 10. at first I didn't really like it as everyone else was stronger than me, but after just one year, I've gained so much strength and I absolutely love it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back