Parents Advice on Beam Series

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

windydays

Proud Parent
My daughter is struggling with her beam series at competitions. She does well in practice and then falls on her series at the meets. She is getting so frustrated because she knows she can do her series and do it well. At the last meet she complained for two days about how she messed up. I told her it was probably nerves and maybe taking deep breaths while she is waiting her turn would help. She said that is what her coach said.

I don't know how to help her other than being there for her. Because her coach is aware of the issue, I am thinking that I should just let those two work it out. Any advice for mom?

Cultivate an air of detachment and nonconcern and tell her she'll figure it out eventually. Sigh. If I have any left as DD adjusts to what I think is a growth spurt, I'll send it your way.

She does well in practice and then falls on her series at the meets........ Any advice for mom?

At least she's got that much accomplished and time is on her side.. Consistency comes from numbers done in the same tempo and rhythm she is using, or has to use, during competition routines.

Practice hard.... compete easy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back