WAG Advice on Progressing ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay I have a long story but in a nutshell here it is:

I did gymnastics, quit, and now I'm back! I started again on January 10th, at level 1. Now, at February 17th, I'm training level 4 skills. At my gym, team starts at level 7. I do gymnastics 3 days a week and tumbling 3 days. I condition every day at home for about 2-4 hours. Things like handstands, handstand push ups, front walkovers, back walkovers [new addition!:)], cartwheel holds, weights (about 18 lbs on each arm), running, jumping jacks, hollow tucks, sit ups, bicycle crunches, v-ups, push ups, planks, and more.

Is there any more conditioning I could do?

Also, does anyone have any tips on back handsprings? I've just started learning them on Tumbl Trak with a spot. And back extension roll tips? I need one to move up, I just can't push up into handstand (we start with bent arms).

Sorry for the long post ! I just have so much to ask :p

Thank you all in advance !:)

**by the way I am 13

Sorry I don't have any advice for you (just a gym mom), but would like to say WOW! You are very ambitious! I hope you get the advice you need. Don't,get discouraged! Good Luck! :)

Sounds like you are really motivated and hard work. It am sure yuo will get there. Make sure your coaches know how much you want to progress. Good luck!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back