Aerial help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay so I've stuck about ten aerials and they are extremely new to me, so everyone wAs impressed On how quickly I got it. But now, I keep almost land the Landing on one knee with the other straight out behind me. I also sometimes have to put my hands out. What's the problem there? Am I not high enough??? Plz help!!

Chances are you're not high enough. I know a girl who can make her aerial but the tip of her head brushes the ground. The only reason she doesn't crash is because shes driving around so fast. What you need to do is work on push up off your front leg and going up instead of diving to the ground

A common mistake it forgetting or not realizing that..........

It's a leg skill. If you kick the first leg hard enough and far enough, while the other leg pushes off quickly and completely,... the rest of the skill pretty much takes care of itself through instinct. Just make sure your instinct isn't one that has you trying to hold yourself up in the air, because that will mess up what your legs need to do....... and really, when was the last time you ever saw any body or anything hold itself up in the air?

Kick hard and prosper!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back