Parents AGH early meet time!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I saw the schedule for the Bogs meet on the 20th Feb. The good news is they are on the same day and not at the same time like the last meet. The bad news is Bigger Bog, 13, has to be there at 6:45am. This is a 90 minute drive away, so we could get up at 4:15am and drive. Teens have to shower and do hair in the morning you know!!! Or we can stay at a hotel close by and get up at 5:45am. Either choice bites really.:confused:

Why would they put the 8 year olds at 5pm and the 13-15 year olds so early in the morning they'll be falling all over.:cool:

Baby Bogs meet is at noon, nice time and the judges will be nicely warmed up!

The rest of our team lives much closer than we do so we wouldn't even have the team if we do the hotel. Then there is the sleeping better at home than in the hotel syndrome!:rolleyes:

I suppose it's a good thing we only do three meets a year, I'd go bonkers otherwise!

Good grief! I've never even heard of a meet starting that early. I've been whining about Flippers 8:00 am FRIDAY start time for a meet that is 3 hours away (missing yet another day of school). We've decided to drive up the night before and get a room. Parents are obviously not making the schedules for meets - we could get them straightened out! ;>

With report time at 6:45 how do they expect teens to be awake at that hour(--beam should be interesting for those who will be starting on that event first! That will wake the parents up too) Hope all goes well for both of your daughters :)

Luckily she has floor first, her least favourite! Foloowed by tramp,, vault, bars and then beam last. Beam is her fav so that is a good thing, maybe she'll be awake by then. We always have these really early starts, but usually they put the little ones there as they wake up earlier.

Ticked me off as the first schedule had her at 10am, then they changed it!!!

6:45 am. That is madness. MADNESS!:eek:

I am soooo not an early bird so I would do the hotel to let my poor sleep deprived brain get as much rest as possible.

We have an 8am start at a meet in a couple weeks...1.5 hr drive and we are most definitely staying in a hotel.

That reminds me, gotta go make reservations...thanks Bog!;)

That is a disgusting time. What I would do is stay home and sleep better. Insist she has a hairstyle that can be done the night before like french plaits. Pack bags and put in car night before. Then get up as late as possible and shower and jump in car. Pack and have breakfast in the car. It will give her time to wake up while you travel. Baby bog can have her hair done once you are there. Just sling her in the car in her jamas if you can! lol. Poor girl. Awful time for a teen. Good luck with that.

I am going to keep my eye on the weather and then decide. I have booked a room, just in case. But I would rather stay home as we all sleep better. There is snow forecast everyday this week and as we have to drive through the mountains for 40 minutes until we hit the highway we might not be able to risk leaving in the morning. I think I should get Md to keep the snow for me!!! I know she'll love that. ;)

Bigger Bog only has a simple pony tail which will take 2 minutes to do. I will definitely be doing Baby Bogs hair at the meet as we will have time to waste after Bigger B's meet. I will just chuck all her stuff in her meet bag the night before.

THey will have to try to get some extra sleep hours in during the week! Of course this will also be Bigger Bogs first week back in gym after three weeks off, could be very interesting.

Too bad we can't send this snow to Vancover! Your better bet may be to do the hotel--good thing the little one with the bun has a later meet-- hoping the best for you:)

Yikes that's early. How can they expect girls to be at there best. We had an 8 am start last week and I swear the whole team looked half asleep until the 3rd event.

I have just added an extra kid to my group as well. She will compete at 6:45am and her Mom and Dad both work nights and cannot make the meet. So I offered to drag her a long with us, the more the merrier of course, she is a sweet girl and she gets on fine with my kids.

Hopefully she wakes up happy!

That really is just an insane time. Everyone should boycott. Just kidding. But seriously, that is just crazy. I hope it goes well and they can get in some good sleep wherever they are.

Our first flight registers at 7:30 and I think that is too early! Corky competes that day as well but she in is Flight 2. Beware Bog if I'm traveling for a meet it usually means snow. Having the friend along should help perk up all the girls! Good luck!

Our first flight registers at 7:30 and I think that is too early! Corky competes that day as well but she in is Flight 2. Beware Bog if I'm traveling for a meet it usually means snow. Having the friend along should help perk up all the girls! Good luck!

We have snow forecast as well. Good luck to Corky!

Sorry about the insanely early start time; what a bummer. I wonder why they had to make it that early. Leave it to gymnastics to stretch the girls in every way possible! (Get it? "Stretch" the girls? hee hee)
I agree that it's a good thing there is a friend going. They'll probably help each other wake up more. Hopefully, Little Bog will still be rearing to go at her later start time, too, after waking up so early!
I'll be sending everyone-sleep-well-and-wake-up-early-and-be-super-energized-for-as-long-as-necessary fairies!

wow! never heard of a report time so early before. I don't like 8am report times, I can't imagine 6:45!!! Sending you lots of "wide awake" fairies, and maybe some "get a good night's sleep" fairies for the night before. ;)

And I love that they have a gym friend to come along with you. That's very sweet of you to offer to take her as well. It's rough when the parents can't make it, and I'm sure the friend is grateful that you'll be bringing her and cheering her on in place of her parents. LOVE team spirit!

Last edited by a moderator:
man that is early! DD has her meet at 7:45 am and I thought that was bad!

We ended up getting a hotel but we also have a 1 yr old as well and got a hotel with a pool so it will be a fun mini getaway

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back