Parents AirTrack Factory

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xxStumpyxx

Proud Parent
Have you guys seen this, to me it looks like an accident waiting to happen by encouraging kids to practice big tricks at home on their own AirTrack, I may be blowing this out of proportion. What do you guys think? Sorry if it has been posted before - I haven't seen it until it popped up on Facebook.

is that a mattress that they show them jumping onto in a few scenes??

I'm sure it isn't the best idea; but I can guarantee if my kids saw that it would be on their Christmas list. LOL

Yikes. that's a lot. I am sure there will be some kiddos with it.....

It could be worse than parents getting that for their kids. I found this on Craigslist just now. :eek: (not copying the link, just the text)

Free Mattressess Needed (near Macon airport)
condition: good

I would like to start training my daughter for gymnastics in the backyard and I am looking for kind people to give us your unwanted, twin mattresses. Delivery would be necessary, but I will compensate. If there's anyone out there with unwanted mats that would be awesome, thanks so much

It could be worse than parents getting that for their kids. I found this on Craigslist just now. :eek: (not copying the link, just the text)

Free Mattressess Needed (near Macon airport)
condition: good

I would like to start training my daughter for gymnastics in the backyard and I am looking for kind people to give us your unwanted, twin mattresses. Delivery would be necessary, but I will compensate. If there's anyone out there with unwanted mats that would be awesome, thanks so much

OMG! That is ......scary.

The home air track seems like such a bad idea. (Not even sure wheat to say about the used mattress family :eek:) Worse than home trampoline. Most of the video the kid is doing horrible skills too. Do you notice we never see him land a front flip. Well, I assume it's because he fell on all of them, based on how bad the take-off was. I'm sure though we will see this in ome people's instagram home gym set-ups. o_O

Yes, as Skschlag says, I think it's pretty clear -- they have correctly identified a large and well heeled market of crazy parents who are happily setting up loaded home gyms for their pint-sized phenoms.

We should all find the amazon page and post reviews.

"Thanks AirTrack! Now that my child is a quadriplegic, we are spending so much less money on gym fees!"

"Everyone told me just to leave gymnastics in the gym, but your product helped me to become my daughter's first and best coach. Now her handsprings are by far the worst in our gym!"

"We always hated that plate glass window, but now we don't have to worry about it any more!"

Wow in the first 30 seconds I saw six opportunities for a broken arm because no one is correcting this kid on how to fall correctly. I mean they have nicely edited to disguise some of the falls but you can see the kid reaching his arm back in preparation (to break it) prior to the cuts. Yes, parents will buy this, I know of several who are crazy enough and have more money than common sense.

I dunno. I think if most people were willing to spend $2000+ then they would have better home bars than the ubiquitous Jr Kip bar. I'm going to believe this is a very small niche market until proven otherwise, but I suppose it was worth a shot.

I was gonna say, sets like that usually cost thousands, so I'm curious about the choice to market it this way...

When I watched the video I thought the set up would be expensive, I think the way it was marketed got to me, I read the comments on the Facebook advert and noticed there was loads of people actually wanting to get one, I think a majority of them were Parkour fans but there were some gymnasts or parents of gymnasts commenting as well and none of the comments said it was a bad idea. When I saw this I thought about those trampoline parks that are springing up in the UK, one recently opened within 30 miles of me.

A few of my thoughts:
  • It seems to be quite expensive (and doesn't seem better than a generic matrass).
  • They show quite some "action" in this commercial that looks dangerous. Not only is falling a problem, but you could easily fall next to it (I don't think it is wide enough), or you could bump into walls and furniture.
I even don't like home trampolines (my dd is allowed to play on them, but I'm not going to buy one myself).

I try to keep my dd's gymnastics at the gym, though it is not always possible. Cartwheels, roundoffs and other similar stuff is allowed in the garden (never indoors!). Headstand, handstand (and other non-motion things) are allowed indoors on a small mat, but only when I'm there to catch/spot her (even if she can do these things alone in the gym).
Playground bars are also allowed (but I'm still scared if she plays on them, as there is no extra protection).

If you buy anything like this from a reputable company it has a strongly worded disclaimer not to attempt any skills that require height or rotatation without the supervision of a trained professional. How will this work?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back