WAG All Around award placement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

diamondmom

Proud Parent
DD had an awesome meet yesterday! Took 2nd on Vault, 3rd on Bars, 6th on Floor and 7th on Beam. She had her second highest AA score of the season. When they handed out the AA awards they said in a tie for 2nd taking third was A (my DD). If two gymnasts tie for 2nd (or first or third or whatever) in AA how do they determine who gets the 2nd placement and who gets the 3rd. I understand during individual events that it is who gets the higher AA score but I can't for the life of me figure out how the AA was determined. Now, we are THRILLED with 3rd place AA as this is awesome but at the same time I am trying to figure out why she didn't get the 2nd:) Thanks!!!

If there is a tie in the all around the gymnast with the highest score on any event gets the higher placing. So if your dd's highest score was 9.2 on bars and the other girl got 9.3 on beam, the other girl would get the higher AA.

Why didn't I think of that? Now it makes total sense!!!!! :eek: For the life of me I couldn't figure it out so thank you so much:)

FYI...the rule in a tie of an individual event score is usually the girl w/ the highest AA gets the higher placement...

Around here there is no tiebreaker, it is just a tie and then they skip the next placement, i.e In first we have a tie between ___ and ____, in third we have _____, etc.

Around here there is no tiebreaker, it is just a tie and then they skip the next placement, i.e In first we have a tie between ___ and ____, in third we have _____, etc.
This is how it's done here. Two girls on the same part of the podium works fine. When it gets to three, it's funny to watch them all try to stand without falling off.

I have seen both done. I have noticed that when they have a trophy or a plaque that reads "level x 1st aa" or the like is when they are most likely to do the tie breaker rather than a simple gold medal.

If there is a tie for AA, they give the higher place to the girl who got the highest apparatus score.

Two girls on the same part of the podium works fine. When it gets to three, it's funny to watch them all try to stand without falling off.

They do both around here, usually. They have both stand on the podium in the same place (and skip the next), but usually they only have one medal or trophy that says "first place" or "second place", so the tie-breaker rules determine who gets the actual place award to take home. I've actually heard it announced, "tying for second place and taking the third place medal is xxxxxx".

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back