Parents Amazing what DD can do...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Sydsmom

As soon as I can post a video I will. DD has been out of school for 3 weeks now, being doing 1 hour a week private lessons and regular class work (M, W 5-9, f 1130-330). Her goal is to skip level 4 and go to 5. When she started summer practice she needed RO 2 BHS, kip, cartwheel on beam, transition to high bar, handstand on end of beam and many leaps and turns. Well all she needs now is her kip!! Her leaps are beautiful!! maybe I am bias but I love watching her practice!!
She goes to camp sunday till thursday at UK and I hope she gets it there! Her coach says she will go to 5 but won't compete till she gets her kip. I am so excited for her as I know what that means to her. I wonder what the rest of the summer will bring....

Thanks for listening me brag!!:cool:

Congratulations to your DD! It's amazing what they can accomplish!! She will get that kip in no time!!

Wow, it sounds like she has made a lot of progress in a very short time. Good for her. I love when they are improving right and left. It makes those other times a little easier to watch. How much longer does she have before her season starts to get that kip?

Yay! Sending kipping skills [or core strength and coordination since my darling daughter doesn't think kipping skills sounds right]

Wow that is great! She is moving quick with those level 5 skills. Sending kip fairies her way...maybe those fairies will stop by at camp!

NGL...their season starts in october but the first "real" competition isn't until November. So she has time. I just know what a tough skill it is to learn.
Thank you all for your kip wishes!!

Wow that is a lot of progress! Wonderful! My dd really wants to move to level 5 next year so I hope she can get all of the skills by the end of the summer :)

Update: Just dropped my baby off at camp...missing her already. But I know that she is having a fantastic time.
Also found out that none of her coaches thought she could make it to level 5!! WTH?? Well I really hope she gets her kip down at camp and proves them wrong!!!
K

Great job by your girl!! She sounds pretty determined so I bet she'll have that kip down in no time. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back