Amy Jo Johnson

Discussion in 'The Chalk Bucket' started by pink ranger, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 30 days old.
  1. pink ranger

pink ranger New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Jo_Johnson

I find this really interesting. I'm really curious to see her in competition now, but I cant seem to find anything and I've been searching for quite awhile. Any ideas on how to find them?

On a side note, she played a gymnast suffering from anorexia in 'Perfect Body' from Lifetime. Has anyone seen it? She was very good in it. Unfortunately, for whatever reason they didn't have her to do much of her own stunts, even though she is fully capable of doing them all. (She of course played the Pink ranger Kimberly in 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' and she did all of them in the television show). Theres a scene where her character reflects on her life as a gymnast, and they included real pictures of herself when she was young.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gracefulone

gracefulone Guest

I haven't seen it, but it sounds good.

3. pink ranger

pink ranger New Member

You should see it! Its a shame there aren't many gymnastics oriented movies.

4. Cynical-Chick

Cynical-Chick New Member

I remember watching that movie in Wellness in 10th grade. Guh, the only use Lifetime serves is my nightly Will & Grace fix. The tape came with the Spice Girls' Pepsi commercial. So... 1997? 98?

</hijack>

5. pink ranger

pink ranger New Member

Yep, it came out in 1997.

6. pink ranger

pink ranger New Member

So no such luck in finding anything? lol. :(

7. Cynical-Chick

Cynical-Chick New Member

It's a Lifetime original movie. These beasts know nothing of storybuilding, subtlety, acting, or writing. Or feminism, for that matter.

I saw it about 8 years ago, and can still tell you how lucky you are.

8. pink ranger

pink ranger New Member

What do you mean? I'm not asking about the film, I was wondering if there were any videos I can find of the actress in world competition b/c she was a gymnast before she got into acting.

The movie isn't exactly Emmy worthy, but it wasn't that bad, lol.

9. Cynical-Chick

Cynical-Chick New Member

Ah, I thought you *were* talking about the film. And anything original by Lifetime is indeed going to be that bad. But then, I also feel it sets feminism back about 30 years by the sheer might of its pandering and poor product.

Was she ever elite? All I can find is the movie and Power Rangers.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Amy+Jo+Johnson%2C+gymnastics&sitesearch=

Gracefulone, I see the movie in there if you'd like to watch.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  10. pink ranger

pink ranger New Member

Hmm, I guess this is all we'll find :( She is a musician now (what can't she do?) has a MySpace for her music. I asked her but I'm not really expecting an answer back, lol. She has a lot of visitors.

11. KBT

KBT Guest

I *thought* I read somewhere she was around a Level 8. Don't quote me on this, though! I remember thinking at the time she wasn't one of those people who said they were a gymnast growing up when all they'd taken was a Mom and Tot class.

12. pink ranger

pink ranger New Member

http://www.inquirer.net/saturday/apr2000wk3/spc_3.htm

13. pink ranger

pink ranger New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 30 days old.