Parents ankle pain-- Severs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

balancedmom

Proud Parent
HI all-- I know I need to get medical advice from doctors :) but wanted to see with all other posts about severs, if anyone has a gymnast who had severs but the pain was mostly in the ankles not the heels. DD having severe ankle pain (both ankles) and is limping around-- has not tumbled or done any real gymnastics for 2 weeks since seeing the ortho and getting x-rays. She is now being sent for an MRI and the order seems to indicate possible severs-- just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and has any advice. thanks

Where in her ankle? My dds severs pain wanders all over the place. Most of the time it is sort of on the outside of her ankle below/behind the big bone. But sometimes it hurts right in the back of the heel and sometimes more in her foot. It just depends on what part of her leg is tight and causing the pain.

If you search for severs on here you will find me go off on my tight calf soap box and my love of the trigger point therapy workbook. :) LOL!

My dds ankles also hurt in the front and sometimes on the inside when she was taking her flipping vaults to hard surfaces before competition season when she was crunching them all the time. For that it was tight shins and just ouchy inflammation. The ice bucket was her friend on that one.

Swear by the ice bucket for severs as well. Ice bucket, stretching and massage have been the protocol that has worked for us and we have kept my dd going with little to no missed gym and only modification of practice on her worst days.

Good luck!

Where in her ankle? My dds severs pain wanders all over the place. Most of the time it is sort of on the outside of her ankle below/behind the big bone. But sometimes it hurts right in the back of the heel and sometimes more in her foot. It just depends on what part of her leg is tight and causing the pain.

If you search for severs on here you will find me go off on my tight calf soap box and my love of the trigger point therapy workbook. :) LOL!

My dds ankles also hurt in the front and sometimes on the inside when she was taking her flipping vaults to hard surfaces before competition season when she was crunching them all the time. For that it was tight shins and just ouchy inflammation. The ice bucket was her friend on that one.

Swear by the ice bucket for severs as well. Ice bucket, stretching and massage have been the protocol that has worked for us and we have kept my dd going with little to no missed gym and only modification of practice on her worst days.

Good luck!
thanks so much

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back