WAG Another deduction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kcanflip

Proud Parent
What would the deduction be for multiple tapping of the beam with your foot before a back walkover? My DD does this right now. Most likely just a coping mechanism as she has had a block and some fears with this skill. Hoping that the more comfortable she gets doing them the less this happens. Right now she taps lightly upwards of 10 times before going.

Oh the dreaded taps! My DD is in the same position. Had a beautiful back walkover, got a block and was told to push through it anyway, and now the pause and the taps. I was told there is a deduction for the pause and then they *could* take 0.1 per tap. At least with my DD I don't think they do for every tap because her score wouldn't make sense, but close to it. Her goal is to lower her taps and get her foot on- for now, as she she isn't allowed to sub for the skill and she's most likely going to fall anyway. Best of luck to your DD!

Oh the dreaded taps! My DD is in the same position. Had a beautiful back walkover, got a block and was told to push through it anyway, and now the pause and the taps. I was told there is a deduction for the pause and then they *could* take 0.1 per tap. At least with my DD I don't think they do for every tap because her score wouldn't make sense, but close to it. Her goal is to lower her taps and get her foot on- for now, as she she isn't allowed to sub for the skill and she's most likely going to fall anyway. Best of luck to your DD!

I was sure mine was the only one to do this. Ha ha. At this point I'm just happy she is doing her bwo on beam...and landing it! Hope both our DD's lower the taps!

Mine too is a tap dancer at times...
But hc knows it is a coping strategy. So the goal is less taps. It is helping.

I counted up to 17 once for my DD in practice. Before she lost it completely and they took it out.
Now she "rocks" before her cartwheel...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back