MAG Another season lost to injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Well.......I guess he is still 'doing' gymnastics right (better in than out??)? He had two more meets, one this weekend and one in a few weeks but it looks like no go. He got griplock two weeks ago, and thankfully he is fine but since he has not practiced, not meet. He pulled his back a month ago and lost time....

I was REALLY hoping he would be able to go though. Just to get back in the feel of the 'competition' and camaraderie and to feel good about being part of a team. DS said he was disapointed, and said that everyone on the team thinks he does NOT want to compete, but he really does. He also said he is not ready though.....
This puberty thing is really been hard on him....he says everything hurts, all the time. He is constantly trying to re-learn basic skills and perfect things again and again and again! Poor guy!

he will be 15 this summer. Still shorter than mom, still pudgier than he wants......no voice change yet.....
I keep telling him that puberty LATER is better in the long run, but he just wants to have that mans body!!!

Ugh, poor guy!! I hope he can relax without the pressure and just keep moving forward. My eldest is in the same boat at 16 and would very much like those longer legs he is genetically owed NOW so he can run faster and kick a soccer ball harder. :(

THat is tough. D is hitting puberty and it has been tough. He hit it earlier than I thought (12), but he is handling it. It does make everything hurt :( Poor guy. I Hope he can work through this and get going again.

I'm so sorry we are in the same boat. Whole season shot due to injury. But it is better to back off and heal up properly for the future. Good luck and it will get better.

Coach keeps telling us just to hold on......he has pointed to 4 or 5 young men on our team, who are now competing L9 and L10 who were a mess a year or two ago. I hope he can make it.......I really do believe that he WANTS to do gymnastics, compete, and perform decently.......
So for now, I must hang on to the saying 'better in the gym, than out' or maybe 'less is more'.....any others???

I am grateful that his team does allow the boys to 'suck' without making them feel like quitting. There is a place for all! Thank you coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back