Parents Any Gymmies with Practice on Halloween?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NutterButter

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Dd's gym has practice on Halloween but they sent an email to families saying that they understand if kids opt to miss practice (and they are sincere with that). I let DD make the decision and she is not going...she acknowledges that at age 12 she doesn't have many years left for trick or treating. I'm thrilled she decided not to go and that she will get to celebrate all that we have planned for the day. And yet...I feel guilty that she is missing practice! That she might actually miss something important. What is wrong with me? LOL. Last year she did go to practice on Halloween and I felt guilty that she wasn't at home enjoying the night.

One of my DDs has practice. The other DDs gym canceled theirs. The DD with the canceled practice is really sad because she only trains twice a week (T&T), and she had a special costume leo all picked out. The DD with practice is happy to be essentially getting a private- everyone else in her group has said they aren't coming. My kids both know that there is no skipping practice. I pay a LOT of money for them to train, and if the gym is open and coach there, they are going. Period. We never allowed our kids to keep or eat halloween candy anyway, though, so they don't feel they are missing much. Plus they get to wear costumes to school tomorrow.

DD doesn't have practice on Fridays this year but she did have practice on Halloween last year (although if I recall correctly they did let the kids leave a little early). We've never done the whole trick or treat thing with our kids so it wasn't a big deal for her to go to practice. Like a previous poster stated, she was thrilled because she basically got a private :)

For us, the only thing that trumps gym is church :)

My dd's don't train on a Friday so missing gym isn't a problem for us ;) even if they were supposed to be training on Halloween they wouldn't be going in as we are away for the weekend on special Halloween/Firework break.

I don't think our gym will be open for normal practice for those that are supposed to train as they are holding a Halloween fancy dress party in the gym in the evening.

We were planning to go and leave a little early for trick or treating, but after polling everyone, the gym canceled team practice.

For DS his practice is rescheduled. For DD her practice is moved up and getting out early. She is only going for an hour. More than that and we wouldn't be able to get home due to the awful traffic.

I gave her the option of skipping, leaving early or going for full practice. This is what she decided on. As others have said, they are just kids, they need to get the chance to act like it.

Our gym is closing mid-day.....All team practice cancelled! She's still TOT age, soI would not make DD go if there was practice.

I do wonder if some of the older high school aged kids would have preferred a regular practice?

No practice for DD either. Very happy because she's 10 and doesn't have too many more years left of trick or treating. I've already told her that age 12 will be her last year so she should enjoy these last couple of years.

Boys don't have practice, but the whole gym is closed. It is more than just the gymmies, it is the coaches with kids, grandkids, as well. I am glad they cancelled so everyone can have some fun :)

Reactions: sce
Last year they didn't cancel the practice, and DD was the only one there. She got free 2-hour private practice. :)
This year there is practice, but only until 5:30.

Practice is rescheduled for our girls. She would have missed if they hadn't changed the day. They are only young once and there is more to life than gymnastics.

Ours is canceled, but mine is not happy about it! Lol! If they had practice, I would have given her the choice. Even though she says she would have gone, I think if REALLY faced with that choice, she would have trick-or-treated! Definitely need to be a kid, too! :)

Gym closed the entire day (which I find a bit silly) but whatever. DD (14) doesn't care...her practice normally ends at 7pm anyway.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back