Australian ndp 1 judging question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I have returned to the sport of gymnastics with my daughters after a long absence, they have jus been in their first few competitions and I am struggling to understand why they are scoring so low on floor. I think I understand about the D and E scores, but they scored 11.55 and 11.15. Their beam and vault scores were over 13 and they bars scores were 10.15 and 10.3. I know there are problems with their bar routines ans they are lacking a lot of core strength, doing kick over with box, low casts, low swing etc. but their floor routines are neat and tidy. They complete each element correctly and straight legs toes pointed etc. I know they are not perfect and don't disagree with the scores, I just would like to understand what their deductions are and thus help them get their scores up for the next comp.

Can anyone help me please?

The beam routine is very simple in comparison to the floor and bar routine. Less skills to lose points on. On vault there are not enough deductions to hand out a truly low score (unless you make it up as a judge). It is impossible to tell you why they are getting such low scores without seeing the routine. If you have results available you will probably see that most kids score better on Beam/Vault compared to bars and floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back