Off Topic Avatar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
If you have not yet seen this movie, GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW.

Yes, I know it's 1:40 am (in east coast USA). Go see it anyway.

Last edited:
Yep I saw it last night. Didn't think it would be my kind of movie at all ... but I've gotta say I was VERY IMPRESSED!!! You couldn't describe it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Totally amazing.

Beloved son saw it last night and he said the same thing. He went into it thinking he wouldn't like it, but he loved it.

This is the first time I really think I've seen CGI reach the other side of the uncanny valley.

The visuals are absolutely beautiful and utterly believable.

The plot is.... well, nothing that hasn't been done before, but it's well-executed.

Did I mention the visuals? HOLY FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER THIS MOVIE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. "Epic" does not begin to describe it.

Haha! Just as I clicked on this thread, a commercial came on advertising Avatar!:D I couldn't really gather what it was about, but I may just have to go see it if you all liked it so much.:p

First, i have to see The Blind Side. Then Invictus. Then i will go see Avatar. So it mate take a bit... but its third on the list.

I've now seen it twice in 3D and once in 2D (haven't yet seen it in imax -- I'll do that next weekend, hopefully)

imo it's worth seeing both in 2D and 3D. There are a lot of little nuances and details you can see better in 2D, but you can't beat 3D for the sheer adrenaline rush of the battle scenes.

Meh, I didn't really like it, it confused me and I thought the ending was a bit unbelievable.

On the other hand, I had this really wierd dream that night that I got kidnapped by this guy because he wanted my bedroom carpet, and Bogwoppit came to rescue me, but she was actually one of the wee blue people. :confused:

We went last week and i LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. It is one of those shows that you have no idea you have been sitting there for 3 hours. We didn't even get up to pee or anything!!! We saw it in 3D but would love to see it in IMAX. The last IMAX movie we went to was the last Batman movie.

GT - my college son said the exact same thing about the CGI in this movie. I had to ask him what that meant so for those of you who are not aware (us parents) that stands for Computer Generated Images.

Last edited:
Meh, I didn't really like it, it confused me and I thought the ending was a bit unbelievable.

On the other hand, I had this really wierd dream that night that I got kidnapped by this guy because he wanted my bedroom carpet, and Bogwoppit came to rescue me, but she was actually one of the wee blue people. :confused:

Hahahahahahah I cant stop laughing!

I love that movie it was crazy awesome!!!!! Do you know it took nine years to make!?

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! GRAPHICS ARE LIKE NOTHING I HAVE EVER SEEN!! The magnitude of this project has been huge and omg could not believe how amazing it was!!! Best Picture for sure!! James Cameron is an amazing Director, first titanic (one of the best movies ever made...Leonardo dicaprio has nothing to do with it LOL JK He is so hot in titanic :) <3) now avatar!!! will he ever not direct an amazing movie!!

and Gymvamp i think it was 15 years but maybe i'm wrong

This is the best movie of 2009 & 10. To be honest I must mention about the amazing graphics in 3D, really pull you into the story. Cameron has proved again his specialty by directing AVATAR. The movie makes you love and live among the characters. Everyone should go to the cinema and enjoy this movie. If you are going to see a movie this year it has to be this one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back