Parents Average Entrance Fee?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ariekannairb

Proud Parent
What would you say you pay on average for entry into the meets? We have some that go as high as $25 per entrant! Since I am also paying the meet fee for my daughter to compete, that pretty much eliminates our entire family getting to watch as entry alone would cost us $100! We have plenty other that are MUCH cheaper, I was just curious in general what the fees tend to be.

Around here, $7. I've been to a meet with no admission fee (thank you Circle of Stars!) and at the end of the month am going to a meet with a......*gulp*......$22 admission fee (Sand Dollar in Orlando). But I'm used to a range of $5 to $10.

Depends on compulsory (in-house) meets or large invitationals? We are seeing anywhere from $4/person/day to $30/person/day. I'd say the average invite admission fee is $15+ now. Yes...very expensive...not a good family outing.

I've been to a meet with no admission fee (thank you Circle of Stars!)

Yes...but a L4-6 gymnast costs $105 to enter and a L7-10 is $135. They get you one way or another.

Of course, I'm new to the whole thing ..... but looking at all the meet flyers for this season it looks like $10 is the going rate. 5 and under is free, but I am soooo not bringing my 2yo boy to a meet!

I've paid as little as $3 to as much as $25 per person (not even a family rate).

In the US though I have been told USAG has a range set for how much the max can be charged for those fees. It will depend on the type of meet and location of meet as to what can be charged.

Anywhere between $6-15 is the norm. Sand Dollar was a shocker last year since we attended multiple sessions over 2 days at $20 per day! I would love to see more multi-day discounts!

We don't usually pay anything for small invitational meets held in someone's gym. The only time there is a fee, is if the meet is being held in a rented facility. I usually see about a $10 fee for one day and a $15 or $20 for the weekend. There are also, usually family "cap" fees, like $20 for a family of 2 or more, etc... I have never seen $25, per person, for a family.

We charge $5 for 13yo and older and $2 for 5yo - 12 you and under 5yo is free.

We usually pay anywhere from $10-$20.
We have a meet next weekend in Atlanta and the single day entry is $15. The next meet we go to is in NYC and the fee is $20.

Fees have been all over the board. Some have family raters, some weekend rates. The highest i have seen is $25 a day per person. Lowest is $5. Of course, if you want a program its usually $5-10 extra...

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

For us, extra fee's are around $50 and an adult spectator around $5. In the US your comps would be cheaper if they didn't give out so many awards.

Usually around $10. If it is at a high school it will be less. If it is at a fair grounds or convention center it will be more. $20 is the most I have paid. We RARELY take the whole family because I can't afford to add $50 or so to our total. I wish meets offered a family rate.

For us, extra fee's are around $50 and an adult spectator around $5. In the US your comps would be cheaper if they didn't give out so many awards.

Dh is in the trophy/plaque business. If you are buying a large amount, The medals/ribbons don't cost much at all. The trophies cost more but are still pretty cheap. Does not account for the large fees. The biggest expenses for the big meets are the venue rents, the judges pay/room/board, and equipment rental. Of course, the host gym is getting a pretty nice profit from the fees as well...

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

In Sydney invitationals, state trials etc which are held in someone's gym are usually Gold coin donation. State and nationals held at Sydney Olympic park I think about $25-30 a session (less for kids) plus same for parking.

I think our comp fees are probably generally higher though? Usually about $100

We are usually charged $10-15 a day ...one meet around here is 12 bucks PER SESSION...the only meets we've paid 25 and up have been the Chicago Style meet or regionals or JO Nationals. I've never been to one that's been free...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back