Back layout stepouts on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cto020

Hi,

Could anyone please offer some tips on how to improve BHS layout stepouts on beam? I'm having trouble getting my chest up at the end. I think about setting first and bringing my arms up for the takeoff, but it seems like no matter how hard I throw it on the floor, my head is still low to the ground. I've tried doing it up to a panel mat but it doesn't make much of a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

All I can think of right now is practicing it up to the panel mat. If you can get that comfortably just do it the exact same way when you take it away. You could also practice them on the tumble track to get the feel of finishing upright.

My best guess is that your body isn't completely comfortable with layout stepouts yet and that you're not setting so much as you are just trying to get around.

I agree with the panel mats!!! maybe you just need to practice it a bit more to get a feel of the skill. Another drill you could do it stack up mats to the height of the beam dismount syle. so they not under the beam at the end. and do your bhs on the beam and your layout step out onto the mat.

Make sure you have the proper set and heel drive, also keep lifting with your chest and especially near the end. Keep working them up to panel mats and once you have that consistenly them you should be good to put them on beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back