back stepout back stepout series-beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

<3gymgurl26<3

I competed level 8 last year and my connection on beam was back walkover-back handspring. My coaches are making me switch my connection to back stepout-back stepout because there is more do to out of it.
Anyway, I can do it fine on the low beam with all the panel mats. I can also do it with the second pair of panel mats down. But when the first set of panel mats are down, I just don't go for it. It's not that scared I'm scared, my body just doesn't go for it.
I feel like if I go on speith, (a beam with a mat under that you can crank to go lower and higher) my hand will slip and I won't want to do it again.
Does anyone have any advice for getting over this fear?? Thanks in advance:)

A friend of mine is working on the same series right now, and with her they are really making sure she is landing her first back handspring square. She is the queen of saving really bad passes, but it's wound up scaring her even though she is fine. So she works two-foot back handsprings and then stepping out later and squarer. I don't know if this is your problem, though.

You can try doing it on a high/med beam with a resi underneath it. Also, some people like it if their teammates cheer for them so there is a feeling of "letting them down" if you don't go for it. You can have a coach or teammate count to 3 before you have to go. Today a girl was scared of her BHS-layout series so we threatened to "take your Uggs and mess them up so bad you won't even recognize them."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back