Parents Back with another injury question, this time the knee

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Elle Kaye

Proud Parent
Well I hope that I don't only find myself posting about injuries but here I am with my second post and my second post about injuries.

Does anyone else have a dc whose knee locks up? My dd has now had this three times in about 1 or 2 months. I saw it happen this time - she was doing handstands on beam and everything was going fine and then after the last one she was just moving around to get up again and she said "My knee locked." When this happens she can't straighten it - very painful to try - and has to hobble around with it bent for somewhere between 5 and 30 minutes and then it clicks back in and she seems fine. Has anyone seen anything like this? Did you get a diagnosis of any type? Poor thing is 2 days away from her state meet and is only a level 3 - I'm not feeling confident that she can continue this sport for the long haul as she seems pretty injury prone so far.

Take her to a sports ortho and have it evaluated! Locking is not normal and can be a symptom of damage in the knee. Gymnastics is not worth bad knees!

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back