Backextension roll on beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastics24-7

Hi!

I have very bad flexibility in my shoulders which makes it really hard to do a backwalkover on the floor much less on the beam:).
So I am going to do a backextension roll instead. It is working out really well for me...I can already do it on the floor beam. The only problem is that NOBODY in my gym does this so I have nobody to give me tips and pointers and such. So I was just wondering if anybody here has ever done this??? What helped you to be able to make it over??? I just need some in general tips and such.
THANKS!!!!!!!:D

I did a back extension roll too!

If you are landing on your hair a lot (I did almost everytime...) Then put your hair in a low bun. It also helps if when you're rolling back, you put your hands above your pony/bun.

When you are rolling back, focus on staying straight, then push through your shoulders hard, and I found that looking at the end of the beam/my foot when I was coming out of made it easier.

Also, at least when I competed level 6, they told me that it's not required to get to a full handstand, just 3/4 of one. However, I actually thought that it felt much more controlled to go into a full handstand if I could.

If you have any other questions I can probably answer them... I was the only one in my gym to do one also! :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back