Parents Bad Night at the GyM

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MommaLove

Proud Parent
Another night and no fixing to her floor routine. I have encouraged her to speak up to her coaches and still nothing. So upsetting :(

MommaLove

She walks around a lot in her routine. Her front hand spring is so rusty they should substitute for something else. And the Handstand Foward Roll looks so childish. Maybe it's the music maybe it's her at this point I don't know anymore. She doesn't speak up and it's her responsibility at this point to say what she doesn't like in her routine.

What does she say about her floor routine?

I ask, because my ds does things in his routine that I am not a huge fan of. But it is not my routine, and so he and his coaches are responsible for it.

We have a coach on our team who is Also a judge, even when she received her floor routine in August I knew it was not anything above a 9. She keeps receiving 8.4 and 8.5 its unacceptable. Her leaps, tucks and back hand springs are perfect I think it's the boring walking from corner to corner. My daughter says she likes certain things but not it complete. And this evening the coach said she did not do the routine with confidence. :(

MommaLove

Sorry what I mean by unacceptable is that some other girls routine are all 9s . And we pay good money equally for this.

MommaLove

Well, I don't actually know a lot about judging/scoring, but as far as I know scores are based on how well the routine/elements are performed. Not the actual content itself?

She's 13yrs old. Bronze level. She did great last hear loves the sport. Just digressed a little.

MommaLove

Your absolutely right. And I apologize for sounding so distressed. It's just that she keeps performing the same routine it isn't getting better it needs to be tweaked and I'm no choreographer.

MommaLove

LOL. My ds scored a 4.65 on high bar at one meet. and a 7.5 on pbars. (and this is out of 12/13!)

Just let her love the sport. If she is unhappy, she has to learn to talk to the coach. You just be there for her and support her! She is old enough to speak up on her own!

That's what I have been doing I came in 20' minutes before hand to pick her up and caught a glimpse of the floor routine for all girls. I guess we will see in January and I am staying far away.

MommaLove

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back