Ballet is like a sport, only harder :0

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, my dd has been in gymnastics team camp all this week, Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. Thursday morning she wakes up soooo sore, saying that her thighs hurt. You would think it was from the week long gymnastics camp. Nope!! It was from her ballet and pre-pointe classes that she had on Wednesday :rolleyes:! Ballet looks so delicate and graceful but in actuality, it is quite intense! I guess she is starting to use muscles that she doesn't use that much!! Thanks for letting me share...

My leg muscles from ballet and pointe were much more defined.than they have been with gymnastics because you never come out of releve. Ballet is way harder then credit is given LOL

Oh my gosh, I know! We had a dance coach come in to one of our practices for 30 min and just learned some basics, and the next day my calves, thighs, and hamstrings were all so soar! I was shocked! You'd think 4 hour gymnastics practices would hurt me, but nope, 30 min of ballet :)

I took ballet when I was little, for about 4 years. Ballet is very deceiving because all the movements are slower and some much more concentrated. Positions are exact and often held and repeated. Her floor routine will appreciate all that extra dance class she is taking, LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back