Beam dismount value;which would be better?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tegan_tegan

Gymnast
For 3 years I have been doing/learning round off back tuck, layout and twisting as my dismount on beam and then my coach since I have had since level 3 (I am now level 8) has left to go coach at a different gym. So we got a new coach and he started teaching me front tuck full dismount off beam and I must admit it is easier.

1. What would be worth more - round off back tuck or front tuck full ?
2. What do you think would be better to do ?
3. Can you please use the new judging system according to the new skill guide for 2015

It would depend on how close you are to having it and your future gymnastics plans. I would say go for the round off back salto as it is more progressive and the rules encourage these dismounts. You will get B value for the round off which can also count as your second acro element CR, full dismount CR and when you hit level 9/10 bonus for dynamic acro dismount. If this year is your last and you are struggling with the round off dismount but find the front tuck full easy... go with that. Are you able to twist either dismount yet? how many other B or higher skills do you have?

It would depend on how close you are to having it and your future gymnastics plans. I would say go for the round off back salto as it is more progressive and the rules encourage these dismounts. You will get B value for the round off which can also count as your second acro element CR, full dismount CR and when you hit level 9/10 bonus for dynamic acro dismount. If this year is your last and you are struggling with the round off dismount but find the front tuck full easy... go with that. Are you able to twist either dismount yet? how many other B or higher skills do you have?

I can twist front tuck and round off back tuck full into pit
My routine is: change leg split jump full , full turn (working double) , tictock bhs , front tuck mount , dismount (?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back