Beam Mount Ideas?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys, so as you all know I am an Intermediate Optional, so therefore I get to have my own beam routine. That being said I have always wanted my mount to be similar to Jordyn Wieber's, but one of the coaches doesn't like middle splits as a mount because of the common flexed feet/bent knee problems, so I have to create a new one, I've looked on youtube and the montages have a lot of mounts that I'm really not capable of. I am not a big fan of press handstands, and niether is my coach. So do you guys have any videos of your beam mount or your daughter's? Or just any ideas in general? Thank you all! :)

My mount last year was one where you spin around and then jump backwards onto the beam. Like, you have your back to the beam put your hands on it, and sit on it. There was another girl who did a pullover and then swung her leg over. If you go up to the search bar and type beam mounts, there are some good threads about it.

I did forward roll/dive roll on to the beam before which is kinda cool.

A teamate jumped to arabesque/back scale which was very pretty.

Saw a cool mount at a meet last year that I thought was a little different. The girl stood on a spring board with her back to the beam, did a straddle jump up over the beam and landed in front support, then she just swung one leg over so she was straddling the beam. No idea at what level that would be allowed.

When I was competing I did a mount that I jumped unto one knee and did a kick. Hard to explain but here is the routine:

20110409_Aerials_Beam.mp4 - YouTubeSome other mounts from my team:
Jump to arabesque on the side of the beam
Chest stand
Pullover
Dive roll
Jumo unto the side (like Shawn)
and there were a few others including middle split and press handstands.

I know this might sound boring, but my dd competed 2 years of L9 with the basic ole L6 mount. Point is to get on the beam. Presses, funky mount and what not to me are just opportunities to fall off the beam when you are just really getting onto it. Who wants to start a beam routine with a fall. Keep it simple and wow them with the stuff you actually can do on the beam.

This is my mount, I don't have a video of it, so I'll explain it the best I can to you.
Start facing the beam, square to it (You could do it sideways to the beam, but I did it square.)
If your really short, like me, you'll probably have to use a springboard.
kick up into a stag handstand, or any other shape you like. (I did stag)
this part is optional, you can come down to the beam however you want:
Straighten your legs into a split, and slide your lead leg through your arms and into your splits on the beam.
This has been my mount ever since I was an optional gymnast. It might not sound pretty/good, but people have told me that It looks really artistic and unique.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back