WAG Best gymnastics camp for the summer?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

theworldgymnast

Hey fellow gym moms,

I was wondering if you have any recommendations on summer gymnastics camps for an optional gymnast. My DD will be competing Level 8 at the start of the 2015 season.

A couple of summers ago, she attended International Gymnastics Camp and had a good time but said it was too far (we are in SoCal) and that it was really crowded. She said she wouldn't rule out going back but it really is expensive to go there (for our sake).

So, I was wondering if you had an ideas of a good summer camp, not a million miles away from SoCal that will be developmental.

Thanks;)

Hey fellow gym moms,

I was wondering if you have any recommendations on summer gymnastics camps for an optional gymnast. My DD will be competing Level 8 at the start of the 2015 season.

A couple of summers ago, she attended International Gymnastics Camp and had a good time but said it was too far (we are in SoCal) and that it was really crowded. She said she wouldn't rule out going back but it really is expensive to go there (for our sake).

So, I was wondering if you had an ideas of a good summer camp, not a million miles away from SoCal that will be developmental.

Thanks;)
Woodward West in Tehchapi, CA is the closest to you. Dd had a great time. Cabins are buy age and gender, training is by ability. The otehr option is a college camp. Does UCLA do one?

Stanford, UCLA, Cal, San Jose State, Utah, and UC Davis all have gymnastics programs. Maybe they have camps too.

We have had several gymnasts go to Southern Utah's gymnastics camps for the past 2 years and they have had rave reviews.

Stanford, UCLA, Cal, San Jose State, Utah, and UC Davis all have gymnastics programs. Maybe they have camps too.
I knew Stanford did a camp, but don't know how good it is, as the girls program theyr un is rec. and goes to age 12. Also not sure if Stanford's camp is residential. Their boys' camp is fantastic and offered a residential option this past summer.

My dd did the Carters camp in the Phoenix are for 2 weeks last summer. She loved it although at her level, I felt like she didn't get quite as much out of it as the higher levels. They had a skit/parents night that the kids all loved, and a water fight the last day. Not a full overnight camp, but for the cost, I felt like they got a lot of training with really good coaches.

My DD and a group of others from her gym went to Carter's camp last summer. DD loved it and the parent skit night was hilarious :) It is definitely a training camp with 6-8 of hours of gym but it was well organized and the coaches were great! She competed L7 last year so trained there as a level 7.

We loved TOPS/Elite camp at SCEGA in Temecula.

were you registered as one of their "first dibs" groups, or were you just as a "competitive gymnast"? From what I saw on their site registration priority is given to certain groups and then other gymnasts are allowed to register from a wait list if there is room.

My DD went to a college camp last summer. I felt for the money, we got a pretty good deal. The groups were small and she got a lot of attention. I don't know if she got the best instruction there. But if you are in a large group and barely get to see the instructor, what is the point?

were you registered as one of their "first dibs" groups, or were you just as a "competitive gymnast"? From what I saw on their site registration priority is given to certain groups and then other gymnasts are allowed to register from a wait list if there is room.
My daughter tested for TOPS, but it was her first time, so she didn't have priority. She went with all the optionals at her gym. They registered first thing when it opened up to all gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back