Parents Best travel choice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yuenling

Proud Parent
Hello,

For those of you who have had to fly to your meets, what do you think has worked the best? These are the choices I am dealing with, none of which is ideal.

We have a Friday meet on President's weekend. She needs to arrive by 2:00pm. The airport and hotel are close to the meet

Option 1: late night flight on Thursday. Sleep late at hotel but sleep in the next morning

Option 2: fly with the whole family at 9:30am. Good waking time. Arrive at 10:45 . Coaches will be on our flight. But worried that we are cutting it too close in case the flight is delayed

Option 3: fly at 7:55 am. Wake up at 6:15 am which is an hour earlier than used to, but have plenty of time at destination to get settled.

I think option 2 is the best in terms of sleeping comfortably before the meet, but I wonder if being on an airplane the day of the meet is too tiring?

Disclaimer: I've never done a travel meet before, so no practical experience.

I would go with option 1, depending on how late a "late flight" is. I do think the stress of traveling on a meet day would be too much. For us, just getting dressed, fed, and hair done is stress enough before a meet. Option 3 would probably be my second choice, because again, there is stuff to be done before a meet, I'd prefer not to be rushed. We could nap on the plane. But option 2 is a close third with option 3.

Flying same day is not your best choice. We are always given a "travel day" a day before the meet. It so important for the kids to get used to where you are. They need to feel comfortable and relaxed. Option 1!

Thanks friends! I've changed my flight to the day before, arriving at 9:15pm.(the earliest I could get)
It cost money to change it, but my daughter has been training all year And I don't want to blow it over a bad itinerary
Sounds like a good plan. She'll get to bed late, but not too bad, since she can sleep in the next day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back