WAG Big team or Small Team?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
We have 5 level 10s and 4 9s I think... We have TONS of little kids and up to level 4. Level 5 is pretty big too but it gets smaller with every level. I like being one of 5 tens because I feel like my coach pays us more individual attention.

I know this is weird but I also like knowing I'm one of top gymnasts at my gym cause I'm in the highest group and level at the moment. :) Not stuck up but Its true... lol

How's your gym? Do you have a lot of small kids too? How many 10s, 9s, Elites... ext. Do you like it that way or do you wish there were more of a level?

I know this is weird but I also like knowing I'm one of top gymnasts at my gym cause I'm in the highest group and level at the moment. :) Not stuck up but Its true... lol

There's nothing weird about wanting to be the "big dog" as long as you don't growl at the lil' pups.....or chase after every car that drves by. Oh yeah, please remember that sticking your head out the car window is not a good way to dry up your slobbery jowls......

My dd is one of 12 level 10s on her team. I believe there is like 5/6 9s, 3/4 8s, 6/7 7s and not sure about the 6s, some have now moved up to 7. As for 3-5, they are in a different building, so I have no idea how many of them there are.

My dd is one of 12 level 10s on her team. I believe there is like 5/6 9s, 3/4 8s, 6/7 7s and not sure about the 6s, some have now moved up to 7. As for 3-5, they are in a different building, so I have no idea how many of them there are.

Wow, 12! She must really use her time wisely and very efficiently. I don't think I would get anything done! I'm so used to always having beams and bar sets open.

The highest level our gym has right now is level 7. We have one girl who can do some level 9 stuff, but isn't training enough right now to actually compete 9. Our level 7s aren't quite ready for 8 either. It's hard for us to train higher levels - we don't have a pit and we only have one really strong and experienced spotter to handle teen sized girls doing advanced skills. We are also a small population, and it's hard to find girls who are really dedicated to gym training past level 7. Most of our gymnasts don't even reach level 5!

Our coach is trying to get younger members on team so that they are smaller and younger when they get to levels 5 and up - that way they can get further before they are teenagers and want to quit to have a social life! But even amoung the younger ones it is hard to find enough focused athletes who don't just want to have fun and fool around.

Right now we have about 8 pre-team level 1s and 2s, 7 level 3s, 12 level 4s (about 6 first year and 6 second year), 8 level 5s, 4 level 6s and 2 level 7s. We're a pretty small team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back