WAG Bonus for L9

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
I completely don't understand the what gets bonus and how much bonus something gets. My DD just says its bonus but doesn't know how much. On beam what is the bonus in connecting the bhs to the layout step out? Also what is the bonus for connecting Switch leap to straddle quarter? On Floor what is the bonus in connecting switch ring to a switch side, a 1 1/2 twist to a front tuck and does it change if its connected to a front pike? Also is there bonus in connecting a front layout to a front pike or tuck? Thanks so much I am tring to get a better understanding of these things.

It is VERY complex, so unless you want to put in the study time to become a level 9/10 rated judge, don't expect to understand it all. But the basics are you get 0.1 or 0.2 bonus based on the difficulty rating of the connected skills. Level 9's need to earn 0.3 total and level 10's need to earn 0.5 total bonus to start from a 10(if all the special requirements are also met). All of the dance and tumbling connections you describe are some of the most common performed by level 9's to earn bonus.

The simplest way of looking at it would be, if you connect a difficult element to any easier element, you usually earn one tenth. If you connect 2 difficult elements, you usually earn 2 tenths.

So on beam the bhs to layout step out is 0.1(B skill to C Skill) and the switch leap to straddle quarter is 0.2(C skill to C skill).

On floor the 1 1/2(C skill) to a tuck(A skill) would be 0.1 but connected to a pike(B skill) would be 0.2. Front layout(B) to front pike(B) is 0.1.

The switch ring/switch side is 0.1 (C to C). You need to connenct a D dance element to earn 2 tenths

yikes! I knew it was confusing but wish they made a bonus for dummies guide for L9/L10. I don't need all the answers but wish it was more user friendly so I can understand my DD when she talks in this foreign language!

^^^^^That was so funny, I laughed so hard I stumbled and bruised my deltchev........so badly it'll take a couple of jeagers to dull the pain.........

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back