Parents Braided no-slip headbands?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

l.c.o

Proud Parent
Hi all!

At state this month, my DD picked up a new no-slip headband. It's braided. DD fell in love with the darned thing and has now decided that it is "lucky" as it "takes her fears away". As of yet, no combination of words had successfully convinced her otherwise.

Seriously, this kid has finally attempted a BHS on beam. Because of the headband.

So, if I can't beat her, I'm joining her... I'm looking for more, and I can't find an exact replica anywhere. I searched the posted vendor Web sites from the meet, and none of them carry them. :/ Of course, DD instantly tossed the package it came in the day we bought it (that was before we knew of its special properties).

They look like this: http://www.kenzlaurenz.com/brhe.html

I'd really like to have a backup one if possible, as she's required to wear a no-slip headband anyway. DD's is pink, teal, and white, and that site doesn't have that combo. I did email to see if they'd do a custom one, but no reply as of yet (they're probably laughing at me ;)).

Anyway, if anyone knows of a super secret site that might carry similar ones, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

I've made headbands no-slip by dotting some puffy paint on the inside. And almost certain I've seen a diy for a headband like this from old t-shirts on Pinterest. One possibility!

I would try Etsy. If you can't find one just like it, you can probably find someone to make it...but even just typing in "braided headband sports," I'm seeing a whole bunch of possibilities.

Yep, Under Armour makes lots of different varieties and colors of those. You can find them online at Dicks Sporting Goods or probably other places, too.

Have you considered making a phone call to each vendor? see if they "happened to have" the headbands there, even though they don't actually carry them, and find out the brand?
Anyone else from your gym get one?

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1421186008.064453.jpg

I found this on Amazon

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back