Bridge kickover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

billise

Proud Parent
DD is 4 (will be 5 next month) and has been doing a bridge kickover on the floor for several weeks now. She does them on her own, and doesn't appear to have any trouble doing them, but several times after she has finished the move, she has looked at me and said it hurt her shoulders. She doesn't appear to be in any distress and goes on about her business after saying it, but after having read a couple of threads about the possible dangers of little ones doing bridges and bridge kickovers I have become a little concerned.

She is too young to really explain to me what she is feeling i.e. is it just a stretching feeling or "real" pain. I have never done any gymnastics so I have no idea what a bridge kickover should feel like. I know we're not speaking as medical experts on here, but do you all think I should be concerned?

As a note, when I elevate her feet slightly (about 3") on a step aerobics bench she says she doesn't feel anything in her shoulders.

DD is 4 (will be 5 next month) and has been doing a bridge kickover on the floor for several weeks now. She does them on her own, and doesn't appear to have any trouble doing them, but several times after she has finished the move, she has looked at me and said it hurt her shoulders. She doesn't appear to be in any distress and goes on about her business after saying it, but after having read a couple of threads about the possible dangers of little ones doing bridges and bridge kickovers I have become a little concerned.

She is too young to really explain to me what she is feeling i.e. is it just a stretching feeling or "real" pain. I have never done any gymnastics so I have no idea what a bridge kickover should feel like. I know we're not speaking as medical experts on here, but do you all think I should be concerned?

As a note, when I elevate her feet slightly (about 3") on a step aerobics bench she says she doesn't feel anything in her shoulders.

that's your answer in bold.:)

I wouldn't let her do them at home for now. See if there is some "easy" gym activity like practicing her splits she could do if she feels the need.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back