Parents Bronze Level Floor Routine Requirements :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MommaLove

Proud Parent
Can someone please let me know what are the requirements for a Bronze Level Floor Routine? My daughter did excellent last year competing but with this floor routine she doenst have a a shot she can do the tumbling passes it just looks very sloppy and effortless. The coaches didnt spend the quality time they needed with her. by the way that wa s$275. very upset still... she is a dancer and we are trying our best to fix it everytime she goes. but it is not working :(

Here are the bronze usaigc floor requirements.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1444066526.494468.jpg

It looks like she still has more skills than required. If she's having trouble maybe scaling back would help- but competition doesn't start until the new year, right?

Thank you I also have this information was curious to know first hand experiences on what skills would look more appropriate for a bronze level 13 year old girl. As I believe the hand stand forward roll is immature.

Thank you

MommaLove

My bronze (xcel) DD is learning her routine right now. Our gym competes at the max allowed for each level. I have not seen her routine, but from what she says, she has:

robhs
split leap
tuck jump (I think?)
bwobwo (although she said she might do a fwo instead)
turn
some dancy type stuff (but keep in mind when she dances she looks like an elephant stomping across the floor, and has no interest in the dance part so wouldn't even show me. )
Then I believe that she ends iwth a forward roll.

Ok I will have to look up some of the abbreviations :) . Well I got to tell you my daughter is also a Dancer it could be the song she chose or maybe the coaches just ran out of routine ideas . We are still tweaking but it's like begging and begging :(

MommaLove

My DD had a handstand forward roll in her routine at 13. I never thought of it as immature, but I guess I could see how you would think it. In our experience usaigc silver is where they start to shed the cutesy stuff. Bronze and copper are geared toward younger girls, although there are obviously older girls in these levels. Does your DD like her routine? Not to be rude, but it's more important that she like it than you do. If she doesn't, she's certainly old enough to talk to her coach about it and try to address her concerns. My dd had to do that with a few dance moves that just didn't suit her.

Last edited:
Your are absolutely right . It should only be about her.
When I ask her she says she doesn't know or there are a few things I like but not everything Going to ask her to talk to coaches this evening

MommaLove

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back