WAG Cheap gymnastics apparel?

• Thread starter Deleted member 17723
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

If this isn't in the right forum... feel free to move it :)

We all know - gymnasts, coaches and parents that this is a crazy expensive sport. Not only the training fees, but meet, uniform, coaches fees, doctor appointments, physical therapy, etc. etc.

This summer I am going to need some new things - leos, sport bras, spandex.... and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Does anyone know some good websites or stores to buy some stuff from?
I really like GK leos but they are so expensive! As far as sport bras go - anything supportive and comfy! And colorful! And for spandex.. either cheap gk spandex or nike pros preferably (willing to spend a little more money for better quality)

Thanks in advance!

If you know your leo size, and have a favorite brand, the cheapest way to get new leos is eBay. There are tons of new ones for sale very cheap. Also, a lot of companies do grab bags for cheaper leos. Most will do singles, but I got a grab bag of 12 leos from dreamlight for $99 once. My DD kept the ones she loved and we sold the rest online. Ended up making a small profit on five new leos, and the people I sold the leftovers too ended up with great deals too.

For sports bras, my DD has had good luck at places like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. We have found really comfy, name brand (Nike, etc) bras for under $10.

Got no help for you on the spandex... Good luck!

Dd loves flip flop leos on eBay. Cheap at regular price, extra cheap on clearance. They are roomy, have plenty of booty coverage, and won't creep up. A lot of girls at dd's gym use them everyday and they wear very well.

I get workout type stuff for coaching (shorts, leggings) at TJ Maxx and Ross frequently. Good brands for much cheaper. I also get a lot of stuff at Old Navy- watch out for sales, never pay full price. JC Penny has a line of athletic stuff which is really reasonable and frequently on sale. Some of my favorite leggings came from there.
For leos, Ebay is good and there are a few at home seamstresses who sell on Etsy for good prices. Destira and Snowflake have grab bag leos- brand new for pretty cheap ($17-19). You could potentially get something weird, but if you are up for a surprise could be a great deal.
http://www.snowflakedesigns.com/women-girls/grab-bag-leotards-16236.html

I haven't tried this company, but they have great prices on some pretty cute leo fabrics that look like they would be good for summer. Maybe someone else here has tried them out?
http://www.look-it.com/budget.html

I get workout type stuff for coaching (shorts, leggings) at TJ Maxx and Ross frequently. Good brands for much cheaper. I also get a lot of stuff at Old Navy- watch out for sales, never pay full price. JC Penny has a line of athletic stuff which is really reasonable and frequently on sale. Some of my favorite leggings came from there.
For leos, Ebay is good and there are a few at home seamstresses who sell on Etsy for good prices. Destira and Snowflake have grab bag leos- brand new for pretty cheap ($17-19). You could potentially get something weird, but if you are up for a surprise could be a great deal.

I haven't tried this company, but they have great prices on some pretty cute leo fabrics that look like they would be good for summer. Maybe someone else here has tried them out?
http://www.look-it.com/budget.html

Snowflake is great! Their sizes run similar to GK

We use Flip Flop Leos and I love her stuff. My daughter loves the style and I love that they cover her backside! A local mom here runs a FB page called The Leo Exchange and it is like an online garage sale of used gymnastics gear. Great prices and lots of cute things.

Ebay is good for leos if you know her size; I've also bought several at our gym's pro shop ($25 each). I've bought sports bras at Amazon, Justice (on clearance), and Target. Workout shorts from Target too.

My dd used to be a dancer, so I've bought leos from allaboutdance.com for her that are under $30 and good quality. Free shipping both ways (in case a return is necessary) for orders over $25, I think.

We had a good experience with the Snowflake grab bag. If you specify some general preferences (e.g., hates racer-back leos, likes blue and purple) they will try to accommodate them.

For non-leotard items, try C9 at Target. It's hit or miss, but some of the stuff is surprisingly decent in quality.

I like dancewear solutions. Sometimes their leos fit oddly, depending on your body type, but they're really cheap and hold up pretty well!

Walmart is a great place for sports bras, spandex, biker shorts, and tape. I literally can buy tape and prewrap for under five dollars. The bras and spandex are $7-$15. Finding cheap leotards is hard but if you don't mind bidding then run to eBay. I've gotten a brand new GK leo on eBay for $15. Some people even sell three at a time. It's a great place to look for the more expensive stuff.

Hope that helps

Walmart is a great place for sports bras, spandex, biker shorts, and tape. I literally can buy tape and prewrap for under five dollars. The bras and spandex are $7-$15. Finding cheap leotards is hard but if you don't mind bidding then run to eBay. I've gotten a brand new GK leo on eBay for $15. Some people even sell three at a time. It's a great place to look for the more expensive stuff.

Hope that helps
I love Walmart sport bras! I'm wearing one now actually with a super cool back and nice bright straps

ebay. My daughter used to only like GK, now she only likes Rebecca's Mom, which are a little harder to buy on ebay. When my daughter liked GK leos I would go on ebay and bid on as many as I could find that she liked and gave measurements in addition to size. I would never bid more than $12.51. I could almost always get a couple for this price.

When my daughter liked GK leos I would go on ebay and bid on as many as I could find that she liked and gave measurements in addition to size. I would never bid more than $12.51. I could almost always get a couple for this price.
I would do the same for both of my gymmies, but my limit was $4.99 - I'm cheap.
I did get several for $0.99 - $1.99 over the years... one recently YG loves because she saw it on Make It Or Break It (she watched all 3 seasons on Hulu) on her FAV character!

I would do the same for both of my gymmies, but my limit was $4.99 - I'm cheap.
I did get several for $0.99 - $1.99 over the years... one recently YG loves because she saw it on Make It Or Break It (she watched all 3 seasons on Hulu) on her FAV character!
Are these Leo's new or used?

Are these Leo's new or used?
a little of both. For a new one, I will spend $4.99 max. I got a Brand New Breast Cancer awareness leo last year for $4.99 (and then, so they could be "twinzies", the girls' stepmom bought their lil stepsis a used one in her size for $35).

I buy all of my sports bras from forever 21 - they have really nice ones with interesting backs and prints and almost all of them have removable padding, so you can take it or leave it. I Do also have quite a few pairs of shorts from them, they do quite a few Nike pro inspired shorts with the big waistband but I don't actually like those, I tend to get their yoga shorts and wear them with my Leo's. Cheap leotards - another vote for eBay! Used ones can be grabbed for so little and are cheap enough that you can throw them in the washing machine when you get them without worrying too much. I've bought loads advertised as used that arrived with the tags still on!

I really like gym digs for leos, super cheap (in comparison to GK), target for sports bras and shorts, and tjmaxx has nike pros on the cheap as well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back