clear hips, hip popping?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay i have a few questions about clear hips on bars. Every time i do them my legs swing behind me as i'm in a glide position and i get these feeling my hips pop in then out. It hurts at first then goes away. I've already seen a doctor because my hips pop out and what not. All he said was it's because i have hyper-mobile joints (double jointed) so my joints are loose. But what I'm asking is how can i prevent my legs from spreading so far apart as i do my clear hip? (like when i push away from the bar my legs go in a fast circular motion) When i competed them in level 6 i didn't have this problem. Sorry if that's confusing!

actually, that's not confusing. common mistake. you're doing it wrong. you must finish the clear hip with your shoulders/elbows over the bar and your wrist on top of the bar so that you can power down correctly to the glide swing.

if you are in a 'suicide grip' you can't 'support' your weight. if you can't support your weight your body will fling out the back side of the glide and cause what your describing.

stop doing it wrong and fix the clear hip with your grip.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back