Coaches Coaches with kids

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymcoach4

Coach
Proud Parent
just curious how other coaches manage their time with family? I have 4 children - 3 boys that are not in gymnastics and 1 girl in gymnastics. I'd love to be in the gym more, but I just can't commit to 5 or 6 nights in the gym when my kids are in school all day - I feel like I rarely see my boys now. How do you find time to see any kids that aren't in the gym with you?

I wonder about this too. My kids are just 1 and 3 right now so I'm home with them during the day before I go to the gym but once they start school I'm worried it will literally be just mornings that I see them. Thinking maybe they'd have to come with me and hang out or do homework. Guess we'll figure it out somehow.

This is something I've battled with for about a year now. I have 3 kids. One who is in gym and the other two are not. I have a daytime job and then at the gym at night as well. I see my other two kids a total of 7 hours a week. I bring my youngest two to gym some during the week. I get to see them play upstairs while I'm downstairs coaching. I forget they are there because I get so busy coaching. I love to coach, but hate I can't spend more time with my younger children.

I guess I'm kind of on the opposite end of this. I started working at the gym shortly after DD started rec classes and I have really loved getting to know gymnastics from the coaches' standpoint as I have worked my way up.
So obviously I have one gymnast (trains 14hrs/wk) and then I also have an older child who is heavily involved with her own sport/art form.
It's more along the lines of "huh, how can I figure out a way to be able to spend more time with them since they are at their activities all the time?"...
I ask for work hours on several days while my gymmie is there anyways. That means I get to sometimes catch a glimpse of what she is doing, and get to teach at the same time. I only work a couple of hours/evening, and my other child's' activities keep her longer than that so me and gymmie head over to the dance studio when we are done at the gym and watch until older DD is done.
We spend a lot of quality time in the car. :)
Now, it so happens that *both* my kids are very involved in something and their passions are equally time consuming. I have absolutely no clue what I would do if I had a younger child also, or if one of them wasn't in something with similar commitments . Basically, I just wouldn't be able to do what I do now....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back