College Gymnastics... What Do I Do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I will be a junior this coming school year, and competing level 9 in the winter/spring season.

I've wanted to be part of college gymnastics for a very long time, and my question is, what should I do to become part of it?

If there are any questions you'd need to know about myself to make this easier to answer feel free to ask. My brain is just fried from finals right now so I can't think of any off the top of my head :p

Anyways, thank you!

I walked onto a DI team after contacting the coach my senior year (and having taken a few years off after competing level 10 for a few years and going to nationals for a few years and placing).

First things first, keep your grades up! Gym is important but it's not football, schools want to align themselves with athletes who care about school.

From there train hard all season and let your coach know your goals. If you make it to Easterns/Westerns, college scouts are aware of the top placers there. You can't by NCAA rules be contacted by coaches until July 1 (I think that's the day not June) before your senior year. But with your coaches help you can start looking into programs at schools you might be interested in and start contacting coaches with a video of your best routines and a "resume" (what you've done academically, clubs, volunteering, best skills, skills you're working on, meet results, etc.)

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back