MAG College Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
D and I watched a college meet tonight. It was Illinois, Cal and Air Force. Illinois was incredible. They posted the highest team pommel score of the season in the NCAA! 4 of 5 were over 15 and the one one that was not was a 14.85. Just a clinic on pommel horse. And the highest high bar score of he season was posted at the meet 15.75. The kid was from Air Force and really was amazing.

It was just jaw-dropping. the other coaches (Jeff Robinson and Brett McClure) came over to congratulate him. Brandon Ngai was just amazing. I think it was his career high. D and I were about 15 feet from it all.

They really are fun. I love how excited the men are, how supportive they are.

I wish Colombus were closer to us! I think we've missed our chance to watch the college guys this season (within reasonable driving distance!). But next year I'd like to set up a trip for our boys team to go to a meet. I think there would be a great response from our younger boys and their families.

We should be able to watch Stanford vs. Oklahoma on replay tonight (the only time our over-priced cable sports package has come in handy!). Love watching the college men compete, fantastic talent!

oh I would love to be in Columbus the first of April for Big 10 Championships!!!

Well, that one falls on the same weekend as our regional competition. But, the NCAA championship is 2 weekends after that in Colombus, right?

Explain to me (in some detail) the difference between the Big 10 championship and the NCAA Championship? (yes, you can call me a noob, I won't be offended :D). We are about a 6 hour drive from Colombus...with enough notice I might be able to get together a crew from our team to go watch and make a fun weekend of it (hey, States and Regionals will already be over, so why not?).

Would it be worth it to make the drive?

Big 10 will just include the Big 10 schools, which will be amazing as it is. Nationals will include the top teams and athletes from everywhere!

What is the difference betweeen (from the USAG site):
---
March 25-26 - USA Gymnastics Men's Collegiate Championships - Springfield, Mass.
---
and..
---
April 15-16 - NCAA Men's Gymnastics National Championships - Columbus, Ohio
Hosted by Ohio State University
---

2 college championships?

What is the difference betweeen (from the USAG site):
---
March 25-26 - USA Gymnastics Men's Collegiate Championships - Springfield, Mass.
---
and..
---
April 15-16 - NCAA Men's Gymnastics National Championships - Columbus, Ohio
Hosted by Ohio State University
---

2 college championships?
Men's gymnastics is not a heavily supported college sport - so a lot of schools have cut their NCAA teams but some places have found a way to keep a program going with outside funding thus creating a club team. So the NCAA teams compete at the NCAA meet. The club teams compete at the other meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back