WAG Competing With What Level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
In my area, xcel bronze generally competes with the level 2 and 3 girls. What level does xcel silver generally compete with, or is it a seperate session? I'm just wondering, mainly due to the vault setup.

I saw at one meet xcel silver was put with L4 small teams and all L5. I'd presume depending on how many gymnasts are competing xcel silver they might get their own separate session. Funny story though at a local meet I went and watched, optionals and L1 were in the same session! I start competing silver in January so I definitely know more then ;)

In our district, there was only one Xcel Silver last year and only two the two seasons before. They competed with the Xcel Gold and whoever else they competed with - either Optionals or Level 5.

I do know that in meets with mixed L3 and L4 sessions, they plan the rotations based on levels... L3 vault then L4 vault. They would probably do something similar for Xcel Silxer if they share a session.

Looking back onto some meet schedules from the past years - it appears that it sorta depends on where this is "room." I saw one that did l2, xcel bronze, and xcel silver. I saw another that silver went with l3. I saw one where they did xcel bronze/silver. The last one I saw was silver with level 1 and 3.

It is easier to put silver with gold, level 4 Or level 5. You put the silvers in the first squads that vault (flight a squad a, flight b squad a, flight a squad d, flight b squad d, and so forth...) then pull the mat stack out and let the girls that vault over the table go.

This is the least disruptive way to do it if you must have a mixed session. Moving the table in and out is more time consuming than just shoving the mat stack out of the way.

It is easier to put silver with gold, level 4 Or level 5. You put the silvers in the first squads that vault (flight a squad a, flight b squad a, flight a squad d, flight b squad d, and so forth...) then pull the mat stack out and let the girls that vault over the table go.

This is the least disruptive way to do it if you must have a mixed session. Moving the table in and out is more time consuming than just shoving the mat stack out of the way.
I would agree with this... but many of the gyms we compete at (YMCA) doesn't have that space...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back