WAG Compulsory Judging materials

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ErinEclectic

Proud Parent
I've heard that they are desperately in need of judges in my state so I have been looking into testing for that. I'd like to get the compulsory materials and study them but I'm not sure what to get. The binder is $60 and the app is $30. But does the app have everything the binder does? I'd love having it on my iPad but I don't want to find out that I'm missing a bunch of the stuff and end up having to pay the $60 as well. Anyone have any insight?

Call USAG and ask them. Ask for the technical department and they will transfer to someone or their voice mail. I don't know what the number is for you region.

I love the app, but it has a few shortfalls.

1. Only available on iPad and not iPhone platform...not very handy on the go.

2. Not really sure who designed the app, but they did only an okay job. It's not atrocious, but it doesn't work when you're holding the iPad vertical (like you would hold it for 99% of things so I'm not sure why). I find that extremely annoying. Also, it is not easy to exit things or navigate to other routines/events/levels. There's really no good way to do so, you either have to swipe through everything or try to pull down this menu which requires tapping around near the top of the left hand corner for awhile until something magically appears. If someone else knows of a better way to use this app please let me know.

3. That said I use it more than the book simply due to ease of access and not having to get out of my chair ;) I can't really think of anything the compulsory text has that I can't get on the app. The app has the video, and then when you swipe down you get the text with illustrations. You have to navigate to a different part of the app to get the general faults and penalties which again isn't very intuitive, so that could be what other posters are talking about.

Keep in mind the videos have a couple areas of mistakes, though they are minor text errors. Go by the text with illustrations and use the videos as a guide/visual.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back