County Grades Vs Club Grades

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere on here before..

What is the difference between

County Grades
Club Grades

do they lead down different paths or are they the same thing? I have seen things about NDP Club Grades level 14 -9 and National Grades 8-1, are County Grades the same?

not sure really. The county grades I knew about were just qualifiers for a 'regional' final for club grades. I always thought it was just a way of giving the regional/club grades kids an extra competition as regional/club grades don't have a national final.

Sounds like yours are different if they allow younger children than the guidelines to take part. I kind of don't see the point. If your child is advanced enough to do grade 13 a year early why don't they just do compulsory 5? That is what it is for surely. I can see grade 14 a year early being used as a prep comp for compulsory kids.

I think our region competes in:

County Grades levels 1-6 (old floor and vault group) ages 7 plus in the year of comeptition. (I think)
Club Grades (14-1) in and out of age

I think this year is the first year they are competing County Grades 1-6 as I cannot find any results from our club on the results list for last years grades, I think they were the Floor and Vault group then that got changed over during the past year.

Oh I see - your county grades aren't the same as grade 14 to 9. Sounds like your region has their own set of grades as well as BG grades. No idea about any of that!

I didn't know they were any different, I am still learning about gymnastics as I go along, our system doesn't seem to be uniform if different counties are all doing different things.

From what I have seen/read the County Grades are 4 peice compeitions with Range & Conditioning. I saw the bar work part of it the other day and saw a young gymnast (7 or under) do - Hang of the high bar, do a pull up and lower to a hang and then lift legs in a pike and hold before lowering legs and then do another pull up (I think - I can't quite remember) and then drop and land.

The County Grades for our region seem like easier versions of Club Grades (I might be wrong), just they way I see it.I also saw a little of the beam rountine and it is not the same as Grade 14, they did a mount - front support then straddle legs over beam and then bring knees to beam before standing, they then did various steps and dancy hand moves and little jumps - I didn't see any forward rolls or lying down on the beam.

Although BG has the overall umbrella in the lower levels each region and within that each county does their own thing. It can get very confusing. For example, our grades are always held towards the end of the year (August onwards) as they would never dream of sending girls to the national final (which takes place much earlier in the year) go figure !

And don't get @Jenny and I started on the Level 5 rules...............:mad:;)

lots of comps are organised in levels - it goes Level 5,4,3,2, FIG - BG controls Level 4+ and generally the rules follow the compulsory levels, however they abdicate any responsibility for Level 5 and lower ( our county now uses level 6 and 7 where they used to use the term novice). This leads to some comps having quite high skills at level 5 (giants, back acro on beam) and some not - very annoying

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back