Coaches Dance/Leap Passes for Xcel Gold

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momofthreegirls

Coach
Proud Parent
My DD just completed the first half of her season as a level 5, and will finish the remainder of the season as an Xcel Gold. She just learned her choreography this week, and her dance pass is split leap, split leap. I have looked at the requirements for an Xcel Gold floor routine, and the way I read it, she will receive a 9.5 SV due to having two of the same leaps. Is that correct? What other leaps/jumps are in the group 1 category?

I want to mention this to the other coaches if this is an issue for SV. This is our gym's first time ever competing in the Xcel program, so this is all new to us.

Thanks for any help and advice!!

You are certainly correct. Having two of the same leap in a pass will not allow her a 10.0 start value. However, the second split leap can easily be switched to something like a leg swing hop or hitch kick. Definitely let the coaches know.

Are you sure it's not a split leap, split JUMP? because, unless there is a connection (like a step through) you are not mentioning, I don't see how two split leaps can be connected... unless they are with opposite legs, which would be DIFFERENT.

Just food for thought :) But if you are correct and they are the same, it does NOT meet requirements.

You must have 2 different dance skills (connected OR not), one of which must be a split leap (120) or a cross or side split (jump). So either in series or not. So pick if the gymnast will do a split leap or a split jump/straddle jump....then add skill to it or put the 2nd skill elsewhere in the routine. Our girls do leap passes of chasse, split leap, single leg hop. Or chasse, split leap, fouette. Or sissone, chasse, split leap.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back