WAG DD got sick.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD got sick the week leading up to states and it turned into bronchitis and she had to scratch states. DD has asthma and bronchitis sets her off so competing wasn't an option. She was fighting for it though! Pros and cons lists, doing BWOs all over the house to show us that she was fine (she would stand up, blow her nose and cough right after) but I had to put my foot down.She was really upset. At her last practice before getting sick, her RO BHS were the best I've ever seen them. I've promised her a private with the optionals coach (whom she loves) to begin working on L5 skills. L5 or new 4 here we come...

Poor kid. That stinks. Good for you for sticking to your guns... it couldn't have been easy.

I am sorry that she had to scratch. I know how you and she felt. My Dd (L9) had to scratch States as well. She got Strep throat AND the Flu,. It started last Saturday and yesterday was the 1st day in a week that she didn't have a fever. It was also the day she was supposed to compete. Missing school and practice for 5 days made it a no brainer that she wasn't competing. Luckily, she was able to petition into Regionals based on her scores throughout the season. It was still a bitter end for her. She spent most of yesterday in tears. :(

Aw, that is so sad when they have to scratch a big meet. My dd has lost this whole weekend to a stomach bug and while totally disappointing - I have been grateful that it is this weekend and not states weekend which is coming up. I hope they both feel better soon.

What a bummer! I'll have to show this thread to my dd so she can understand why I "kept her in a bubble" for the week leading up to states!

Ingwe, I'm glad your dd was able to get into regionals anyway. We have a L9 that had to do that as well, for the same reason!

Thanks guys. DD spent the car ride home from the doctor sobbing yesterday. The only other girl in her age division on her team was sick at L3 states last year and DD is convinced her age division is cursed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back