Parents DD starting late

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Samerainbowsend

I have 3 daughters already in gymnastics and one of my oldest showed interest in it starting after she saw the Olympics. The problem i have is that is she is 13 which is a little too old to be starting non recreation gymnastics, She has basic skills so she is not a complete beginner the rest of my girls are almost elite level will she be able to learn skills fast so she can score out to get to elite with the rest of the girls her age is my question. The girls at are gym are training TOPS and hopes so they make elite at 10 or 12 average should i just tell her no to gymnastics or let her try it out?

I have 3 daughters already in gymnastics and one of my oldest showed interest in it starting after she saw the Olympics. The problem i have is that is she is 13 which is a little too old to be starting non recreation gymnastics, She has basic skills so she is not a complete beginner the rest of my girls are almost elite level will she be able to learn skills fast so she can score out to get to elite with the rest of the girls her age is my question. The girls at are gym are training TOPS and hopes so they make elite at 10 or 12 average should i just tell her no to gymnastics or let her try it out?

Really ?

If you have 2 daughters currently training Elite gymnastics then you have much more experience than many people here and know the answer to the question you have posed. :rolleyes:

When I ban people I prefer they stay banned until they are old enough to join without breaking the rules or ticking me off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back