Parents Dd upset and singled out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom1973

Banned
Proud Parent
So the other day at our gym my dd was sitting with the other girls and she happened to pass gas while her coach was instructing causing them all to laugh. The coach suddenly stopped, screamed at Chole forcing her to tears and sent her to 'timeout'.
I was shocked for words at this reaction as normally her coaches are so easy going. She came home in tears but I did manage to calm her down. What really made me angry however is that the very next practice one of the girls farted in warm-up and the very same coach had a good old laugh with the group. It's almost sometimes like my dd is singled out!

I will be honest and admit that sometimes dd can be very goofy and loud, but she's also a very kind and bubbly child. Both my girls are like that and sometimes take potty humor too far but I do know that she's only 7 and sometimes children can't control their bodily functions as well as adults. Her coach spoke to me though and said that the last few practices dd has been excusing herself to the bathroom for extended periods so I wonder whether her diet is starting to effect her gymnastics.

Does anyone else having any experience with their girls and embarrassing incidents or dietry issues?

Wait til they start working on straddle handstands on bars. ;)

Maybe the coach was just in a bad mood that day. It happens. If it's become a bit of a joke with the girls, the coach might have been annoyed by the interruption when she was explaining something.

Has your daughter ever had any issues with dairy?

That really isn't cool at all. It is tough enough for the kids when that happens, they don't then need an adult making a big deal out of it and punishing them for it. Talk to her about what she should do in that situation (say excuse me, not make a big deal of it).

When you say that her diet might be a problem, what do you mean. My older DD really has to stay away from dairy, that really helps.

I'm guessing he thought she did it on purpose to get the girls to laugh and disrupted practice. Maybe it wasn't the first time the girls weren't paying attention that day--hence the strong reaction. Coaches are certainly used to girls passing gas so I doubt he was mad about that alone

Maybe the coach did think she was goofing off? I hope she's gotten past it!

A couple of months ago, my daughter tooted while on bars. Everyone got a good giggle... unfortunately, my daughter got embarrassed. She came out to my mom in the lobby in tears and wanted to leave. The coach came out and made her feel better. When she got back in, everyone was sharing all of their stories of toots and more, and they all got a good laugh. DD was still embarrassed talking about it at home, just as my husband tooted and we laughed - and I said to her "See, we ALL laugh at toots!"

I don't know about her diet, but ask her if she's been having tummy issues, or why she's in the bathroom more often lately (as per the coach). Could be tummy issues, could be she has a wedgie and wants to pull it in private? Then again, maybe she's always been one to use the restroom often, and the coach is just now noticing.

Good luck!

Okay as much as these threads just happen I always get wary when I see this line in a post

"Does anyone else having any experience with their girls and embarrassing incidents or dietry issues?"

It always makes me think of creepy trolls. Not a month ago did I ban a member for just this kind of icky trolling.

Just putting this out here as I am keeping a close eye on this thread. Why would a brand new member come here to talk about this topic? Seriously parents think about it.

Good lord my spidey senses were correct. Just went and checked and this is exactly the same poster who made the last disgusting thread.

Off to ban the freak.

Please parents, when someone posts about bodily functions in a way that can embarrass their kid please report it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back