DD's Level 6 Mock Meet results (1st meet of the season in 2 days)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PureTalent

Proud Parent
Hi, just wanted to post the results of DDs mock meet today. I am extremely proud of her and for the beginning of the season did fantastic. This looks to me a great indicator of what, I feel, will be another "kick butt" season! :D

Vault - 9.4

Bars - 8.9 (took a fifth off cuz something about her taps were above the low bar)

Beam - 9.7

Floor 9.15 (would have been a 9.65 they said...but she didn't stick her tumbling landings. One pass she stepped back 3 steps, the other she stepped back 2 steps). Her dance was perfect I hear.

AA - 37.15

Her first "real" Level 6 meet is this Sunday! Can't wait!!! :D
Thanks for letting me share! :)

Great mock meet for your DD! I especially love her beam score. All around is very high, and it looks like she will have a great level six season. Good luck to her this weekend!

Great mock meet for your DD! I especially love her beam score. All around is very high, and it looks like she will have a great level six season. Good luck to her this weekend!
Thank you so much for posting! :) 85 views and you're the only one that posted something.

Thanks for your good luck wishes. I, too, think she'll have an awesome season. She's hoping for a 3-time state champion ;) hehe

WTG at the mock meet. Sounds like she did a great job. And good luck to her tomorrow.
Dont take it personaly that 85 people looked and only one replied. That happens ALOT.
Its a weekend..so not as many folks are online.
This is a public forum..so everyone and their brother can read it..not just members of the board. Its a good bet that 90% of the people that veiwed it arent even members and couldnt respond.
It truely is nothing personal. It happens that way to all of us at times. Ive got some on here I posted in the last week that have over a hundred views and not a single response. Just the way the ball bounces...lol

WTG at the mock meet. Sounds like she did a great job. And good luck to her tomorrow.
Dont take it personaly that 85 people looked and only one replied. That happens ALOT.
Its a weekend..so not as many folks are online.
This is a public forum..so everyone and their brother can read it..not just members of the board. Its a good bet that 90% of the people that veiwed it arent even members and couldnt respond.
It truely is nothing personal. It happens that way to all of us at times. Ive got some on here I posted in the last week that have over a hundred views and not a single response. Just the way the ball bounces...lol
Oh, ok thanks Deanna for clarifying. lol I'm fairly new to this board....joined no more than a week ago so I'm very much a newbie on here. lol So wasn't sure what was up. lol I will not take it personally. Thank you....I appreciate it. :)

she did great ! I viewed earlier but was just taking quick peaks @ new threads, didnt have time to post.

you will find that happens a lot. like Deanna said, lots of reasons. Try not to take it personally.

This is also a good moment to point out that of the many people who lurk here, some are not lurking because they love gymnastics. So being careful how much onto you put out on the world wide web is a good thing, as it takes nothing to track kids down through meet names, gym names and placements.

I know some members aren't bothered by this, and for girls on the higher levels exposure to college recruiters makes it worthwhile. But a lot of new members aren't aware of our lurkers.

There are many, many posts that go unanswered, Saturdays and Sundays are always quiet.

Thank you gymmomntc2e6 and bogwoppit! I am learning and your posts help me realize what's what and what goes on. lol :)

that's awesome scores, PureTalent, her beam is off the charts!!! and I am actually very impressed with her bars, level 6 bars are very hard so this looks like a very solid effort! good luck tomorrow!

Yes, I would definitely be careful about posting exact scores and things like "record breaking... whatever score it was." Those are EASY identifiers to figure out exactly who you and your DD are.

Thank you so much everyone! :) Well, she did amazing! And I will be so proud to be posting her scores in the Meet Results section. :)

Yes, I would definitely be careful about posting exact scores and things like "record breaking... whatever score it was." Those are EASY identifiers to figure out exactly who you and your DD are.
Hey, I was thinking of posting video as well. Like others, I mean once video is posted that's more of an easy identifier to who DD and I am though, right? Because they see her name, what she looks like, etc. I didn't care about posting exact scores or whatever....but it's the posting of the videos that people will moreso know who we are at that point, right? Any input on this? Thanks!

Thank you so much everyone! :) Well, she did amazing! And I will be so proud to be posting her scores in the Meet Results section. :)

Hey, I was thinking of posting video as well. Like others, I mean once video is posted that's more of an easy identifier to who DD and I am though, right? Because they see her name, what she looks like, etc. I didn't care about posting exact scores or whatever....but it's the posting of the videos that people will moreso know who we are at that point, right? Any input on this? Thanks!

It's a decision only you can make. I have always kept my kids under wraps, shared meet reports, but not a lot more than that. But it is all a personal choice.

THe Chalkbucket mods/admins just like to make sure parents realise what they are doing before thay do it. You cannot imagine how many requests we get for deletions, editing and name changes. Going public is perfectly fine, as long as you are comfortable with every member and lurker knowing who your DD is and where she spends a lot of her time.

Last edited:

You CAN safely post videos... deleting the boards where they show her full name and gym name. It is extremely to do a google search on information people put out there. As Bog said, it's all about what YOU feel comfortable with. We never know WHO is lurking on these boards... it's all public information. I have since taken all my personal info. and my DD's from both my profile and signature.

Yep, I agree. If you edit out the scores and/or meet name info it's much harder to track down info. It's all what you're comfortable with putting out there on the web. As long as you're aware that this board is open to the public, and you're comfortable with all the info (as in you would put it on youtube as well). If not, then edit out whatever you're not comfortable with - we'd love to see videos. I'm sure she's a lovely gymnast and we would love to watch her compete.

Yep, I agree. If you edit out the scores and/or meet name info it's much harder to track down info. It's all what you're comfortable with putting out there on the web. As long as you're aware that this board is open to the public, and you're comfortable with all the info (as in you would put it on youtube as well). If not, then edit out whatever you're not comfortable with - we'd love to see videos. I'm sure she's a lovely gymnast and we would love to watch her compete.

Thanks bogwoppit, tumblequeenmom and flippin out. Hmn, hadn't thought about this at all. I have no problems posting her on youtube at all. She has so many subscribers and don't think twice about adding new videos, etc. I guess maybe I'll wait until I'm on this board a little longer to determine if I'm comfortable in posting her videos! Thanks for the insight guys! :)

This place is no worse than YouTube, you can have thousands of views on there, here not so much.

I don't have my kids on YouTube, when I put a video up I do not tag it with gym and I do not put it under sports or family. Once the people I want to see it have viewed it I delete it. I have linked them on the CB in the past with no issues, but I do not keep them up for others to see.

This place is no worse than YouTube, you can have thousands of views on there, here not so much.

I don't have my kids on YouTube, when I put a video up I do not tag it with gym and I do not put it under sports or family. Once the people I want to see it have viewed it I delete it. I have linked them on the CB in the past with no issues, but I do not keep them up for others to see.

Yep, I agree - this place has less hits than youtube would. So, if you feel comfortable with posting vids on youtube, than I wouldn't worry about posting them (or linking them from youtube) here. Just wanted you to be aware, that like youtube, this place is open to public viewing - not just members. To include a video on here (since you said that you already post them on youtube - it's quite easy), just click the VIDEO CLIP icon and paste the URL of the youtube video. If that doesn't work, you can always just click on the LINK icon and paste.

Sounds like she's having a great season already!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back