WAG Deduction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kayjaybe

Proud Parent
What is the deduction for forgetting to salute the judges immediately but saluting after you start to walk off floor in Level 6? (I mention the level because I didn't know if they give the much lower levels, lik 3 & 4 more of a break on this.)

Dd finished her floor routine, grabbed her nose due to it running heavily, started to walk off, then stopped and saluted (can't remember if she even used both hands or kept one on her nose) and then walked off. LOL.

First time she's ever forgotten.

I doubt they'd care to deduct for a child who had an issue like a runny nose, but still managed to salute after a moment. Saluting is kind of like saying "I did my best possible for you to judge, thanks for watching and giving me a score". Given the level and urgent matter at hand, or the matter on her hand, they may have given her a .1 bonus for connection when she got her hand up to her nose in consideration of the next Suzie to compete.

Now that's what I call good sportsmanship!

It might depend on the region. Because I'm pretty sure our judges take off .1 up to 3 steps (so .3 total) for not saluting. My aunt is one of the compulsory judges where we live and she said that's what they do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back