MAG deduction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
If it's a half swing there is a -0.3 deduction and a full swing is -0.5. There can also be any form deductions as well, but a lot of the time a judge will only give the "empty" swing deduction.

D gets dinged on this one a lot this year with his injury. I think 3*.3 and 2 * .5. He has redone his routine for regionals since he is doign better, so hopefully he is getting rid of some of these.

You mean if they kip up and then stop to shift their hands? I think that's half a point. And yes, the extra little casts cost 'em too.

Of course, if they opt to swing it through with legs flailing wildly like a daddy longlegs unexpectedly launched in the air, that can be a big deduction too. But it's more progressive to connect the routine, duh, Mom!

You mean if they kip up and then stop to shift their hands? I think that's half a point. And yes, the extra little casts cost 'em too.

Of course, if they opt to swing it through with legs flailing wildly like a daddy longlegs unexpectedly launched in the air, that can be a big deduction too. But it's more progressive to connect the routine, duh, Mom!
A pause is allowed after the kip in level 5 and 6 (it is a bonus to kip immediate cast in 5.) It is a deduction to pause for too long, shift your hands and/or mini cast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back