WAG Do vestibular issues come and go?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
My daughter had vestibular issues two seasons ago (L8). She was getting lost in the air on her fulls and even when her coach removed the fulls, she was twisting when she did not intend to do so. She would twist her whips or her layouts. By end of season, she seemed back on track. Last season, L9, she seemed good. Barely competed because of gym switch but was doing her full and a half no problem (btw, fulls seem harder for her to do. I also don't think her full and a half were great because her coach tells her she does not "set" but at least she was not getting lost in the air and was landing it).

Lately, her twisting was getting pretty good . . . . until two nights ago. She was doing her round off to full dismount off beam. She completely missed her feet in the landing. She apparently had a few bad falls at beam that practice, not all twisting related. So the coach told me, he was going to take her back a step because she was showing some fears after the falls and warned me my daughter may not be doing her full dismount of beam. That is perfectly fine with me. But I just wanted to know if this is again vestibular and if it is, does it ever go away? I also wondered maybe it is not vestibular and it is just a bad practice day. She was also coming back from being away from the gym a few days because of the stomach flu.

not enough info to tell. and could be because she had been sick. and yes, vestibular issues can come and go. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back