Do you prefer big or small competitions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just wondering people's opinions on this. Do you like small, not-many-people kind of competitions that finish fast or big competitions with a lot of people that take longer to finish? I always preferred bigger competitions, I liked how there was something always going on in the gym, the gym wasn't so quiet, the attention wasn't on you etc. and I actually liked having to wait a long time in between events because it makes you feel more relaxed, you get to talk with friends more, etc. My first year competing, there was a HUGE meet that lasted 4 hours and I got really tired(and my parents and my coach were too!) but the year later there weren't as many people in my league so most of the meets were pretty short and that year I really missed that big competition lol. So what kind of competitions do you prefer? Just wondering!

the ones i prefer are those that have a good coaches rooms with good food and end before my feet start hurting...:)

haha Dunno, you should come to our meet - we are known far and wide for our excellent coaches and judges hospitality!

I prefer the larger meets - more exciting (from a parent's perspective), and it is true, that as you go up the levels, the smaller comps just don't have enough athletes to make it challenging (usually).

As a gymnast I like bigger meets! They may take longer to finish but from a gymnast's perspective, it gives me more ambition to do well so I can place! I love the feel of the bigger meets! It's also fun during breaks to talk to other teams, and your own! I'm a person who needs to have a big meet! That's why I'm excited for States! (;

As a mom I like them to be shorter as sitting in the bleachers for 4 + hours starts to wear on ones behind LOL. But the bigger meets usually also have the vendors which is fun for the gymnasts. So I like a mix for a season smaller meets with some bigger meets thrown in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back